Thursday, September 16, 2010

Note To Self!

I'm an intellegent person. I AM! I keep telling myself this. Maybe in hopes one day my mind will believe it. But then, just when I'm feeling on top of my mental game, I make a decision that obviously states everything opposite of showing any sort of thinking prowess.
Like the other day. I was having a perfectly good day. All of my decisions making skills were right on board. The day was moving along without a hitch. It was late afternoon and I was almost feeling smug in my secure foundation of feeling somewhat intelligent.
And then I made it... one single lethal choice. (Lethal to my wallet that is and to any proof of me haveing a tiny shred of intelligence.) It was a choice that gave strict verification and solidity to measuring me up as a full fledged idiot! I should have known better. I did know better. Yet still, I opened up the doors and boldly walked through without one single shred of thought.


Duh, I plowed my way right through those big metal doors and walked right into Barnes and Noble. BARNES AND NOBLE!!! My voice is HIGHLY ELEVATED HERE! I can't believe it. (slap to head--- thud, thud.)
I actually walked right into one of the biggest book stores in my area and never even stopped, no not for one tiny single second to think clearly about who was following me into that stupid store. Did I forget she was with me? H E L L Ooooooo!


See the look in her eyes? You can see it can't you? Just sit for a minute and concentrate on the image before you. Look straight into those big deep dark succulent brown eyes just for a second or two and the image will spring to life. She is slowly shaking her little pointed head up and down. The wheels are spinning, her brilliant fiendish mind thinking, "Oh ya, I'm in a book store, and she's a sucker!" I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I doubt any person with mass amounts of intelligence could say no under that kind of spell bound pressure.
It took me fifteen minutes to find her after we got inside the store. She disappeared like a cat the second I turned my back to her. I was only there to get a birthday gift. I should have gotten one of those little doggy harnesses and clipped her to me. When I finally tracked her down she was so absorbed in the book she was looking at that I just had to crack out my phone and take her picture and laugh at all my silly stupidity.
"Mom, can I have this book, and this book, Oh... and this one looks really good too. Can I, can I, can I, Pulllleeeease!" Then she launched into her case like a shrewd rich attorney in a heated hands down battle.
I'm not going to go over the bill with you. Nope, I'm not going to show you the receipt ---proof of pulling a complete no brainer! I was too mentally upset to take a picture of her with her stack of pricey reading material as we made our mass exodus from the building. I didn't need any picture reminding me I have mush for brains! After eight kids something is broken inside me, I can't say 'NO' anymore. Her pleadings are too severe. I can't help it, I'm tired, worn out and I always cave!
It's confirmed. Yes indeedy! I'm an idiot.
(Note to self. Leave Des home when going near any establishment that sells books!)
Uuuugh!
PS, Des, you are a worm! You are a really cute worm, but still. . . a worm!

5 comments:

Gavin said...

Ha ha Des your awesome....Mom you're secretly very happy that Des loves to read so much instead of gaming till all hours like her brothers!

Kasey&McKall said...

Love!!! Des is a girl after my own heart! Des I could sure use some tips on those 'getting mom to bend' rules. Love the family picture faye!

Des said...

ya mom listen to the wonderful advice Gavin is giving you. :) at least its books that i want. They make me more intelligent. and when i spend all day reading them my brain is growing... unlike Gavin who plays xbox all day and drinks Mt. Dew. HIs brain is shrinking and his kidneys are failing. You should focus more on his addiction problems then on mine. :) hahaha just kidding bro... i guess you are making up for the whole shrinking brain thing with nursing school. :) thats a start.

Anonymous said...

I have one of these girls too! Her name is Ali-who can tell those big brown eyes no?! Little stinker asks for something wherever we go, and she loves books and puzzles! Things that help her use her brain, I just can't say no. :-)

Papa Bird said...

personally I think the best part of this blog is the comment made by Des,,,,,,Could'nt agree more Good Job Des I think you finally got one up on your brothers which is not an easy thing to do...You gotta love the comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!