She's three today! This little girl is a clone of her mother. Her long flowing white hair and her crisp spunky bold personality is just a repeat for me. Every time I watch Eden I get the biggest grin on my face because it's like I get to live Kaedell's childhood all over again. Oh the joy, I love every minute of it.
The other day I called Kaedell up and I could hear Eden in the background issuing her commands. "No mom." I heard her say with her stern little voice. "I'm going to pick it out myself." I just sat back, closed my eyes and reverted back in time about 28 years. It was awesome. I could see Kadie Bug with her white toe headed curls. I could see her face, her mannerisms, I could hear her voice, hear her issuing instructions to Emy and Seth. It's great to see self determination in your children. It's even greater to see it in your grandchildren.
When Eden gets something in her head just move yourself right out of the way. Seriously! And don't take any time doing it. Just clear the isle honey, cause she's coming through and she's going to accomplish whatever it is she has sets her mind to. And I want you to know, she's just like her mother.
Eden loves chocolate. I've never in my life seen a kid that loves chocolate like this girl. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups to be exact. In honor of her celebration today, Kaedell is baking her Reese's Peanut Butter cup cupcakes. I think you'll see this recipe on the recipe blog here soon. Um can't wait.
A few weeks ago Kadie and Kyle were getting ready to go home from our house. Kyle had ridden his motor bike over and Corbin had rode with him. As they got ready to leave Corbin informed Kaedell he didn't really want to ride home on the bike. You should have see Eden's face when she heard Corbin announce that his seat on the bike would now be unoccupied. She went ballistic. Suddenly she was jumping up and down and clambering at the top of her voice that she wanted to ride home with her dad. She ran for the helmet and the goggles and she fastened them on her head as fast as she could.
When her and Kyle finally climbed on the bike I grabbed the camera. It was almost dark but I couldn't miss the moment. I laughed after taking the picture. I predict that when Corbin gets big enough to ride a motor bike, Kyle is going to have to buy two bikes, not just one. And he's going to have to buy two of everything when he goes for the gear. And when two kids pull up next to their dad's side, all of them with their engines roaring, you're going to think Kyle has two boys. But then they'll stop for a rest and when they remove their helmets, blonde curls will come spilling out all over the place and you'll see that one of them is the cutest, spunkiest little girl you've ever met.
Happy Birthday Doodle Bug. Grandma loves you so much.
You are the best of life's energy and such a little blessing to everyone.
Happy day little girl! We love you! Squeeze (grrrrrrrrr)






3 comments:
You are so darling Eden I love you so much Happy Birthday ha ha love the motorcycle pic and all of them ha ha so cute.
Hope you had a terrific birthday little Edie Bug. Mommy loves you so much!
Edie girl, we love you! I liked sharing a fat boy with you at the store. Come back soon and share another chocolate treat with auntie Em :-)
Post a Comment