Wednesday, September 1, 2010

All Birds Baking---Don't Miss This Post!



I love life! There are so many things to love about living! I love to write! I love to blog! I love to eat! And everyone knows I love to work on my Mac computer! I guess I could go on and on all day with everything I love, but this post is not big enough for that. 


The other day I meandered out to the mailbox to gather the mail and found a package. I love getting packages in the mail. (Oops there I go again.) I brought it into the house, cracked out a steak knife and quickly cut open the ends. I couldn't remember what I'd ordered. Excitement and anticipation overcame me.

As I tore open the box the contents were revealed. My book, my 2008 blog book. Be still my heart. Just holding it in my hand sent a chill through me. My blog entries for 2008 were so plentiful I had to print my year in two halves. I did the first half (January through June) so long ago I can't remember. I finally got around to printing the last half (July through December) just a couple of weeks ago and now here it was the finished product.

At last I am fulfilling council from wise prophets, "Keep A Journal!" I was so excited I sat down on the couch and spent a long time reading one post after another. It felt good to see captions of my life in print. I love the book.

After looking through all the pages I realized something. If I ever want to find a recipe, over the course of time, I'm sooner or later going to have to look through several blog journal books. This got my brain to musing, "Wouldn't it be nice to find all of the recipes everyone posts on the blog in one book." This led to me taking action, today I started another blog. I'm chuckling. You're not surprised are you?

So here it is folks. Check out the grand unfolding of allbirdsbaking.blogspot.com

From here on out if you want to find recipes from everyone here at the Crow's Nest, you will have to click on the link on the right hand side of the blog here entitled "All Birds Baking." This link will take you immediately to the new recipe blog. 

Right now when you click on the link you'll discover only two measly recipes. But don't give up on me because I'm just getting started. Soon all the recipes that have been posted here on the Crow's Nest will also be posted on the new blog.

I'm so excited. The next venture I'm going to tackle is my dreaded recipe file. It's a mess. The other day I opened up my cupboard and I've got recipes strewn all over the place. I told my girls each week I'm going to take a recipe I love that is tattered and torn to the point I can barely read it and I'm going to post it on the new recipe blog. Are you following my thinking? 


Some day soon I'm going to get on blurb and I'm going to print myself off my first recipe book! I love being organized! (From the looks of my house right now you would never know it.) But I really do. After the book is printable, anyone can get a copy. How's that for a great idea. 


If you have a great recipe that's tried and true email it to me. I'll put it on the blog. Thanks everybody. I love you!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom! That picture has me salivating for those scrumptious licorice sticks with the creamy centers! Mmmmmm.........