I took these pictures in the summer when we were up at our cabin. We were headed out to visit the craft fair in Bear Lake. The girls looked so cute I made them stop for a picture. That's when they started in with their funny faces and I just kept snapping one picture after another. By the end of our mini photo shoot I was laughing as hard as I could laugh. You can't be around these two girls without getting caught up in their giggling. It's infectious and contagious!
When I found these pictures today, I tried to think back to the moment when their friendship started. I racked my brain as hard as I could trying to go back in time, trying to envision that day when Aubree wasn't there, wasn't part of Desi's life, wasn't her dearest most bestest bosom friend. After trying as hard as I could to remember that monumental day when their rare and precious friendship began, I realized I couldn't think back that far, because I'm sure... yup... absolutely positive, they were friends in Heaven.
A true friend is really quite a treasure if you think about it. And true friendships that weather the test of time and endure throughout life are few and far between.
I've seen many a friendship in my day when it comes to my kids. I've seen friendships come into my children's lives, and I've seen them split apart for one silly reason or another. Some of my children have been lucky enough to have a life long friend. But as I look over all those friendships I can honestly say, Des and Aubs have something rare and unique. Seriously, I've never seen anything like it. These two girls can finish each other's sentences. They know what the other one is thinking without even speaking. They are never jealous or envious of each other. They work through anything and everything. In all my life, I've never seen such a friendship as theirs. Their relationship weaves one of the most intricate beautiful patterns I've ever seen. They are kindred spirits of the greatest magnitude in heart and soul! And when trying to describe their friendship, I can really think of only one word ---remarkable.
As a mother I'm so lucky. It's like I have two girls to love, not just one, for everywhere I see Desi, I can see Aubree right by her side. Whether they're dipping Oreo cookies in milk at the bar or slurping Ramen soup sunk deep into the sofa side by side watching their favorite TV sitcom, they are always together, always happy, and always concerned about each other.
I keep hoping they'll marry twin boys. Because I don't know how they are ever going to make it through life when change comes. They've been officers together since 7th grade and there is no doubt in my mind they are going to have to live by each other where ever they go in life.
The other day I sat down at the bar to open up the bill for my cell phones. As I looked over the pages I saw that Deserey had sent out over 4 thousand text messages for the month. I laughed so hard as I got looking over the numbers on the sheets. You see, 3 thousand five hundred of those messages went to Aubree! Now that's friendship!
Well, I love them. I love these girls! I love Aubree so much, I just refer to her as my adopted daughter. The nice thing is when Desi is at Aubree's house it is no different, she feels right at home and the Scott's love and care for her as if she was their own.
What a beautiful friendship ---BFF--- Best Friends Forever!
"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you."
Winnie The Pooh






1 comment:
great comments about the Des/Aub friendship...It's true I think they have been bosem buds forever....And Faye you have such a gift in putting the words together to discribe that friendship.....great pics and great comments !!!! Love you all, You too Aub, Your just one of the Crowther Crew,only with a different last name.....I believe Kelson would be the closest to understand that relationship-----him and Ophan boy's are simular.......
Post a Comment