Wednesday, September 29, 2010
New Missionaries
Let me just say right from the get go, a friendlier pair you'll never meet! And I can't think of a better couple for the job!
A couple of weeks ago I got a call from Gavin. He told me how the Stake President wanted to meet with him and Caroline. He asked me if I thought the Stake President just wanted to visit with them, you know, have a friendly little chat, check up on them, that sort of thing, or if it was something different.
As much as I wanted to give him some comforting reply, I was honest.
"Nope," I said, "I think they are going to give you a calling Gavin."
"It's probably for Caroline, right mom?" he inquired.
"Nope," I said again, "It could be for you."
I like seeing my children sweat, and Gavin was sweating!
After the dreaded meeting with the Stake President, I got a phone call from these two kids. They were on speaker phone and there was a lot of excitement in their voices!
"Mom," I heard Gavin say, "Caroline and I have been called as missionaries to the Spanish speaking Buenaventura Branch!"
The following Sunday, teary eyed, Caroline's told me she has always wanted to serve a mission. She thought she'd have to wait until she was old. Not so! And on the first Sunday they started their new calling, Caroline said they sang "Called To Serve." She could hardly hold back the tears.
This calling couldn't have been issued to two better people for the job. Gavin already speaks Spanish and I loaned Caroline my Spanish CD's. She's frantically studying. They are both so excited.
This little branch is in for a real treat and I know these two kids are going to be a powerful influence for good. I also think they are going to come away with some valuable experience tucked under their belt as well.
Congratulations you two! Usted se va a hacer misioneros excepcional!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well as Faye stated, there is no one I know of that will be able to win the hearts of those in the Buenaventura ward more than Gav and Carloline. Whenever you are in a conversation with Gav, you are either laughing or at least having your mood elevated. There could be one exception however, I have heard him play Halo, and it is not pleasant at times....... definitely not elevating, but this is a rarity. We all have gifts, (talents given to us from God) that we either nurture or lose and we can see what Gav has done with his....high nurturing.....Caroline is no different. I see a specialized talent in each and every one of my children. I believe I will write and identify these in a special blog entry. Yes I know it will shock everyone that Dad could even have the knowledge to do a blog entry, but remember I do have my helpful sources......Anyway Big Congrats to the missionares, they will be the greatest...PS I would like to some day go on a mission with your MOM ............
Thanks Mom & Dad you guys are the source of any talents your kids have so it's really a pat on your back good job raising us thanks love ya both!
Post a Comment