Thursday, January 22, 2009

Who Gets The Front Seat?

I don't know about you, but when I was a kid we always fought over who got the front seat. The tradition continued with my own children. I can't count the days I had to listen to the ramblings of irate children ruminating over who got the front seat. "I dubs the front seat" was a continual statement made every time we scrambled out the front door. Then the arguments would begin, "That's not fair! You had it last time." And on and on and on. Now at my house age takes seniority. Today I'd like you to meet Bella - she's the dog in the front seat. Too bad for you Corbin! She belongs to Kadie and Kyle. A couple of years ago Kyle surprised Kadie with a puppy for Christmas and as you can see Bella is not a puppy anymore and she has decided where she is going to ride for the rest of her life! They'll be no dubbsing at Kaedell's house! Kadie takes after her mother and she loves animals! When she was a kid she used to collect all kinds of cats --- live one's! Her and Breyn used to drag home any stray cat they could find. Kadie used to own a cat a couple of years back. His name was "Thomas." Then she got Bella and the cat packed up it's insults and moved next door to the Harpers. The Harpers have chickens and Thomas decided he'd rather be part of that brood, after all, he could foresee future benefits! Hence Kadie is cat-less and Bella rules the roost at Kadie's house. Since Bella has grown, she loves to come and visit me, especially if there is thunder and lightening in the atmosphere. One night I was driving up my long and winding street when I noticed a dog running down the road. I was a good two miles from my home and when I saw the dog, I thought "Wow, there are two Bella's in the world! Then I drove right on past and didn't think another thing about it. I finished my errands and after arriving home I got a panicked phone call from Kadie. "Mom, have you seen Bella. That was one of the first times Bella ran away from Thunder and lightening. Now she knows her way to my house, she knows right where I live and if she gets out and a storm sets in, I'll open the back door and there she'll be. She loves to go to Janet's (Kyle's mom) house too. Bella just loves her grandmas! Well, I have to laugh every time she jumps in Kadie's car to go home. I think it's pretty funny Kadie's kids lost their front seat privileges to a dog!

1 comment:

Kaedell Ellis said...

Bella is one spoiled dog!-We love her! Yes, she knows where her Grandma's live (thank goodness). She runs over to Janet and lynn's house for a daily treat of some sort. Just like Goliath used to go to Grandma's for a hot dog everyday. She is quite the dog!