Monday, January 26, 2009

Recipe Challenge-Ham & Cheese Calzones




Mom, Desi, Emy, Caroline, & Missy-I am inviting each of you to do my Recipe Challenge. I got this brilliant idea as I was making a new recipe for dinner last week. If each of us post a new recipe each month then at the end of the year we will have a total of 72 recipe's. Eventually we can create a "Crowther Family Cookbook." I am always looking for something fast and easy for dinner or a new treat to try out. You can post whatever you want-a salad, dessert, main dish, etc. All you have to do is one a month. I thought it would be kind of fun. Eventually, we will have enough to make a book. Here is my first recipe for the month. I tried it last week and they were really yummy and my kids loved them. This recipe comes from Kraft foods-super easy and fast!
1 can (13.8oz.)refrigerated pizza crust
16 slices of Ham
1 cup Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
1/4C. Ranch Dressing
1 tomato cut into 8 thin slices.
Heat oven to 400. Unroll pizza dough on lightly floured surface. Pat out dough to form 16X12in. rectangle and cut into quarters.
Top dough with ham to within 1/2in. of sides. Mix cheese and dressing; spread on ham. Top with tomatoes. Fold each rectangle in half; seal edges with fork. Put on greased baking sheet and bake 16-18 min. or until golden brown.

3 comments:

Mother Bird said...

Great idea Kaedelly! I'm only sad I didn't drop in unexpectedly for a sample. I'll be posting a couple of recipe's this week. Ok, everybody follow through!

Gage and Missy!! said...

Those look so yummy! I am on the recipe wagon I am excited.

Papa Bird said...

I'm thinking that looking is'nt cutting it Kadie wheres mine????? lets see what we can do about that for your old dad ok?....dod