Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sweet Seventeen


Corbin couldn't wait to come over to our house on Saturday and see Deserey in her "Princess Dress!"


I can't believe I never thought to take his picture with her. You should have seen his face when he saw Des come down the stairs all pretty and pink. The look on his face was so sweet.



One day you'll grow up Corbin and ask a pretty girl to a big fancy dance. Brady Craft was Desi's date. He's an officer with Des at Fremont and a really good friend to her.



Homecoming is no small affair. The date started early in the morning with games and fun things to do throughout the day and then the guys brought the girls home in time to get ready for the big night.

With all the money that is spent on one dance, Des was so happy when she found golden slippers that matched her dress in Payless for six bucks! Her shoes were cheaper than her necklace!




Brady asked Deserey by putting candles all over the front yard with a note Des had to decode that read, "It would be the 'HIGHLIGHT' of my life if you'd go to Homecoming with me!" Desi answered back with more candles and a note that said "I'd be 'DELIGHTED' to go to homecoming with you!"



Kaedell decided after seeing Des in her beautiful dress us older more dignified woman are being cheated. We never get to play dress up anymore.



Caroline saw Desi's dress and immediately asked if she could try it on. That was fun!



Well Des, all I can say is you looked beautiful, just like a princess should!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Des you look SO pretty!! How fun, I miss dressing up for dances!

Kaedell said...

Yes Desi, You looked adorable! It was so fun shopping for Dresses--I felt like I wanted to go back in time--just for a moment! You are getting so grown up and I really enjoy spending time with you!
Glad you had a fun "princess" night!

Our Family said...

Wow, Desi you look gorgeous. I love the dress and the pics. Your are so beautiful. I am so glad I get to be in YW's with you. Hope you had a fun time at the dance.

Nicole Burton said...

Beautiful! I miss those dress up days too!!!!! Us leaders should dress up for church one sunday and give the YW a good laugh !!! :)

Chelsey said...

GORGEOUS DES! I WOULD LOVE TO GO BACK IN TIME FOR ONE MORE DANCE. JUST FOR A MOMENT THOUGH LIKE KADEE SAID! IT'S SAD TO THINK YOUR GETTING SOO BIG THAT JUST MEANS I'M GETTING ALOT OLDER! HOPE YOU HAD A BLAST!

Kris Tracy Broc said...

You look beautiful! I hope you had a great time!