Thursday, September 17, 2009

Did You Know?


Ever wonder about Birthday's. For instance what month has the most births? According to ABC News in most recent years, August and September are the top months for births in the United States, according to federal statistics, August had the most total births every year from 1990 to 2002 except for four — 1992, 1993, 1997 and 1998 — when it was edged out by July, but September, a day shorter than July and August, averaged the most births per day over the period from 1990 to 2002." Maybe Christmas and New Year's celebrations have something to do with it!

Historically, did you know that in ancient times only kings and queens, emperors and other royal persons had birthdays? Nobody kept track of the citizens. Why? Because there were no calendars until 5000 years ago. So the Court Astrologer documented royal births by the stars.

On any given day in America, approximately 710,000 people celebrate their birthdays. Today Desi is one of those 710,000 people! I know I already posted her happy birthday wishes, but here it is the close of her special day and I just learned something. Today is Desi's "Golden Birthday!" Did you know about your "Golden Birthday" or are you like me, clueless? Your "Golden Birthday is when your age and the day of the month coincide. Today Desi turned 17 on her 17th birthday!

You only get one "Golden Birthday" in your life time. Here it is that special once in a lifetime day and I didn't even realize it until now. Oh, I'm so frustrated, why doesn't someone tell me these things earlier? According to info by Kaedell, you are suppose to get one present for every age you are turning on your "Golden Birthday", so Des should get 17 gifts. Hallmark even makes a card to celebrate it. Good grief!

I was feeling all bad about missing my own "Golden Birthday" but then I realized I would have turned 4 on the 4th and gotten 4 presents. I'm not feeling bad anymore! So now I'm curious has anyone celebrated their "Golden Birthday?"

Then there is your "Beddian Birthday." Your "Beddian Birthday" occurs when the age you are turning is the same as the last two digits of your birth year. This celebration is named for NYC firefighter, Bobby Beddia, who noted this coincidence days before he was killed in a seven-alarm blaze near Ground Zero.

My Beddian Birthday will occur when I turn 56! I'm really going to celebrate since I obviously missed my "Golden Birthday."Ya bring it on --- 56 GIFTS!!!!! Glade had his "Beddian Birthday" this year and he didn't even know it. Way to go - no gifts for you! And my children won't have their Beddian Birthday's until they are older than 77. Hope they live that long. Deserey is going to have to make it to the ripe old age of 92! Good luck with that, I'll be dead! For her 92 gifts, her kids can get her 1 new cane and 91 depends to celebrate! Well, I've had a good laugh tonight.

Hope you had a great "Golden Birthday" Des! I'm rushing out to get your 17 gifts now for your celebration on Sunday! I'm going to buy you 17 Hershey's Chocolate Kisses! Maybe I'll even get 17 Hershey's chocolate hugs to go with! HAPPY GOLDEN BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments: