Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Eden

Jerry Seinfeld said, "Having a two year old is kind of like having a blender but you don't have a top for it!" Well, today Eden is turnning two and this little girl is more than a whirl wind in a jar, spunky could be her middle name, or perhaps her first, all I know is get out of the way when this little girl makes up her mind!

The funny part about watching Eden is having the past come back to me again and again because Eden is none other than Kaedell's clone. I love it. It's like I get to experience raising Kadie all over again.

This past Sunday Kaedell heard some horns honking out in front of her house. She had brought Eden home for a nap during church. The only problem was Eden decided she wasn't taking a nap and when Kadie wasn't looking she climbed out of bed slipped out the door and headed across the road to go back to church . . . hence the honking cars as she was crossing the street. I think Kaedell was mortified to say the least and now child safety locks are a top priority on Monday's shopping list. I'm still laughing because it won't do any good, Eden could get out of a straight jacket if she merely decided to. She's a character and determination is her strong suit just like her mother!

Sunday when Kadie, Kyle and their little family showed up at my house for a visit, after the traumatic road event, Kyle said to Eden "Ok Eddie Girl, tell Grandma what you are." Eden looked at me with her adorable big blue eyes, smiled sweetly and said "I'm a stinker." Then they told me the tale of what she had done earlier. I just shook my head and laughed. Did I mention I love being a grandparent.

Well, Happy birthday little Doodle Bug! You are such a joy to love! And priceless in every way! Here's wishing you the best birthday ever cutie pie! We love you!

2 comments:

Goose said...

EEDSKIES!! Happy Birthday uncle Goose loves ya!!

Kaedell said...

My little Eddie Bug! We had a fun day at the splash pad and at the park. You are my joy!-even when you are a little stinker.
Mommy loves you! I can't believe you are already 2. Where does the time go?