Sometimes life just blesses you with new found friends. Thanks to Kelson and his mission I was able to meet Nora Taylor through the Guadalajara Missionary Mothers internet group. The funny part was that not long after meeting Nora in the MM group, I got a letter from Kelson stating that they had picked up some new Elders at the airport in Guadalajara and after reading Kelson's description of this nearly seven foot tall young elder, I came to discover it was Nora's son. Well, we've kept in touch ever since. Kelson has long come home but Jake, Nora's son is still serving, and doing an excellent job I might add.
I'm so glad I got to have that day with Nora and Wayne. They are the greatest people ever and Glade and I really enjoyed having dinner with them that day and just getting to know them better and being able to spend some personal time with them face to face.
As Nora and I have written back and forth there have been many times she's been an answer to my prayers and she tells me all the time that I have been the same to her. Isn't it amazing how God knows just what we need right when we need it, and even though we both live miles apart, He brought us together I know for some mutual support; a thing every missionary mom needs.
Thanks Nora for being such a great person and for being my friend! Hope you come to Utah again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment