Today is a very exciting day! Everyone's pumped to the max. Last night Desi got this awesome clever little video sent to her on her phone by the cutest kids ever. (Very thoughtful Umbrell children!) It just increased the energy ten fold. Oh we can't wait!
So what's up? Des is waiting patiently for the familiar little white mail truck to pull up to our cactus mail station, hopefully delivering some really awesome news we've all been praying for. We are all hoping, praying, crossing our fingers and toes that Des is going to be announced today as Utah State's newest Ambassador! Oh please, please, please!!!
Out of 700 applicants, she made it through to a personal interview given to 100 of those seeking the impressive scholarship. Now we are hoping she will be one of 20 students chosen to receive this full ride opportunity to serve Utah State University! My cute niece Breyn received this scholarship a few years back, and now we're hoping Des can also have the opportunity for this leadership position!
When the mail comes today, I've taken a serious oath. I even had to cut the end of my pinky finger and draw blood as I was sworn to uphold my promise. I feel like I'm getting a fifth mission call. Sheesh! Therefore: If indeed an important piece of information does in fact arrive in the Crowther mail box bearing any insignias of Utah State, I can only hold the envelope in my hand as I carry it to the house, gazing at it lovingly, with hopeful admiration. I cannot steam it open and look, which is really what I want to do! DANG! I hate this. I'm as nervous as a cat on hot tin roof!
Ok Good luck Desi. May the force be with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We love you and remember, if you don't get your hearts desire today, it's ok, God always has better ideas when the ones we come up with don't work out. No doubt, you are a talented girl and lots of other good things will come your way, in place of it.
OK, WE LOVE YOU! Now hurry up mail lady! Bring us THE BEST NEWS EVER!

1 comment:
Good Luck Des I want to know ASAP love ya
Post a Comment