Congratulations Deserey on working hard to earn this award!
On the evening of February 9th, during a special evening for our Young Women, Des was presented with her award by our Bishop. It was a great night and I especially enjoyed listening to Desi sing and I enjoyed hearing her speak. She shared her personal testimony of what this award means to her and of just how much she has witnessed growth within her self as she has spent time with each personal project she completed in order to earn it.
Those personal projects which took many hours of hard work, centered around the young women values which are; faith, divine nature, individual worth, knowledge, choice and accountability, good works, integrity, and virtue.
During her testimony we got to hear a little bit about how each project touched her and at the end, she emphasized how earning her Young Womanhood award has strengthened her love for the Savior and in doing so has deepened her desire to be like Him.
It was a great night.
Today I'm so glad I get to work in the Young Women's. We have the best young women in our ward, and it's been so fun to go through this program with Deserey.
So today I congratulate her. Way to go Des! You are a wonderful daughter and Dad and I are proud of you!
D E S E R E Y
D: Diligent in anything she puts her mind to.
Determined, Disciplined, Decisive, Dedicated, and Don't forget ...Darn cute!
E: Enthusiastic, Energetic,
Enlightened with lots of wisdom at her young age,
Efforts always for good.
S: Sweet as can be, Sassy, Savvy, Spiritual, Steady, and Stupendously Smart.
E: Everybody's friend.
R: Reliable. Respectful, and always
Recognizably genuine in her personal Relationships
... a pure joy to be around.
E. Enlisted in God's army! A a true soldier for her Savior.
Y: Youthful and fun,
A beautiful Young woman inside and out.


2 comments:
Love ya bud good job!!!! I know that is not easy to get.
Des I am so proud of you and what you have been able to accomplish!!!!!!! You know how many eagles we ended up with in the Family . You are the first, to have actually have it in the hand!!!Great Job.
Post a Comment