Good for BYU for maintaining the standard. What's interesting is that these sports newscasters don't realize that it's not just the athletes & coaches at BYU that hold to this standard, but our 14 million world-wide membership is expected to follow the same. It's not an unrealistic expectation, it is a personal expectation of ones self. Hopefully the world will see that we (Mormons) don't waffle like other religions do.
Great post Gav! I've just become a die hard BYU fan! Today I'm going to stand a little taller in regards to that honor code! I am so glad to be reminded it's not just their code, It's really Christ's code. Very few institutions stand as tall as BYU just did!
3 comments:
Good for BYU for maintaining the standard. What's interesting is that these sports newscasters don't realize that it's not just the athletes & coaches at BYU that hold to this standard, but our 14 million world-wide membership is expected to follow the same. It's not an unrealistic expectation, it is a personal expectation of ones self.
Hopefully the world will see that we (Mormons) don't waffle like other religions do.
Great post Gav! I've just become a die hard BYU fan! Today I'm going to stand a little taller in regards to that honor code! I am so glad to be reminded it's not just their code, It's really Christ's code. Very few institutions stand as tall as BYU just did!
We live by the rules we die by the rules...
Post a Comment