Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Grand Opening


Gage and Missy had a great Grand Opening last Saturday. If you happened to stop by then you got to enjoy hot dogs, drinks, and cookies along with a tour of the place. I was impressed with the sign Gage made and all the work he and Missy went to for the day.  It was awesome! At the end when everyone had come and gone Gage had met his goal three times over.

Last week I got an email from an individual who knows me but isn't as familiar with my family. She and her husband had visited Gage's shop for the grand opening. At the Grand Opening she told me how she met Gavin and how she could see what a close relationship he had with his brother. A couple of days went by and my friend rode into Gage's shop with her husband.  They were dropping their truck off for some work. That day they met Seth. She told me how nice it was to see him there working and helping Gage. A day later she and her husband went into the shop to pick their truck up. This time they met Kelson. He was there working with Seth and Gage.

After meeting all my boys, my friend told me she just had to take some time and write to me. Here is what she said, "Faye I just had to write and tell you, I'm the 6th of 8 kids and we are a close knit family and support one another at the drop of a hat! When I saw all of your boys helping Gage at his shop and just hangin' out with one another and enjoying it, it was like I was watching my brothers all over again. I love to see family's who love to be with one another and enjoy it! It was a small simple way of supporting their brother and I could see the brotherly bond between them. It made me smile," end quote.

As I read her closing remarks. she told me what a great job she thought I had done in raising such a close family. It made me feel so good inside that someone took the time to write to me and share that heart felt compliment. As a mother you don't always receive a pay check like that one. I was so grateful she took the time to be generous. It felt good to know that someone noticed my kids and the love they share for each other.

I was reading something the other day that caught my eye. It was about love and families. When you live together as a family you are well acquainted with each others weaknesses. A family that is close doesn't have people in it with fewer weaknesses. On the contrary ---a family that is close instead has people in it with more of a generous heart. A heart that is willing to over look imperfections and weakness, a heart that is generous in spirit regardless. That is a hard choice to make when your up against faults and failings. It's much easier to be withholding, stingy and small.

So for my children today ---thanks for loving each other despite our imperfections and everything that bugs. Thanks for going the extra mile in overlooking each other's flaws and weaknesses. Thanks for being anything but stingy and small. I thank you for maintaining a generous heart towards each other and for being the kind of kids that make me proud to be your mother!

And to my friend. Thanks for noticing and for taking the time to tell me. Those are the best kind of paychecks there are in life.

No comments: