Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Haley!

This year I'm going to try to keep the birthdays short and sweet. But today beings as it's her first of many to come in this family, Haley gets full coverage, it's the first time she's been featured on the blog for a birthday, so I'm going to ramble and rave.

It was funny, I sent out a birthday text stating we were going to be celebrating Gavin's birthday. Haley is new to the family and while I was well aware her birthday fell on the 20th just like Seth, I was not aware it was in March. For some odd reason, I just kept thinking it was in June. When the text message landed on everyone's phone, Haley looked at Seth and said, "Um, is there something missing in this text. Seth decided he would tease her a little, so he read the text out loud and said, "Looks good to me!"

Haley just sat there with her semi sad face, then calmly, she looked at Seth and said, "Excuse me . . .it's my birthday too." Oh, I laughed at that story.  And immediately after Seth told it to me and I realized my blunder, I sent out a new text repairing my mistake. Haley wasn't mad at me. She just kidded me in her cute little way. 

Every time I'm around this girl I have to ask myself how I got so lucky.  


Besides the fact that she is the cutest girl ever, Haley is a winner for a million and one different reasons. After getting to know her I'd like to clone a few of her traits and put them in me. Let me start with the number one thing I love about this girl ----she is always CALM! Oh my heck, nothing riles her. She doesn't fly off the handle, get all excited, worry over things and go nuts, like your's truly. Nope, you can count on her calm demeanor like you can count on the position of the North Star. I don't know how she does it. She is always center weighted though in what really matters in this life and her calm nature is pleasing to be around. I told her the other day I needed some of her in me and she just giggled.



Besides being easy going, she is easy to please. This girl always has a grateful heart! Her expectations in life are simple. . . to Haley everything in life is a blessing. 
I asked Seth the other day what I should get her for her birthday. I'm not sure exactly what she really loves just yet, so I was trying to fish for some ideas. His comment back to my questioning was simple, "Doesn't matter what you get her mom, she will love anything you buy her." The crazy part about that statement is, I know it's true. I could go out and purchase the dumbest thing ever and Haley would honestly love it and use it until it was well worn out. She has a take on life that is a rare thing.  




Well, besides being cute, calm, generous, gentle, happy, purely honest, kind, and sincere in all she does, she is deeply spiritual. Haley is a role model for Christ like behavior, really a great example in how we ought to conduct ourselves. I really admire her and appreciate the influence she brings to my family.

So today I want her to know how much I love her, and I speak for the whole fam damily! Thanks for joining into this crazy group of birds with a happy accepting heart, and for loving us just the way we are!   And from all of us here at the Crow's nest, we wish you a happy wonderful day! Love YOU!

3 comments:

Gavin said...

Haley your the bomb.com what can I say I love ya way happy you and Seth found each other I prayed he would find you a lot just didn't know it was you ha ha hope your birthday was great March Birthdays Rock!!!!

SETH said...

Good post mom.. I did find me a great wife huh!! So thankful for you Haley. Hopefully you had a great birthday.. love you!

Papa Bird said...

Haley I'm not much of a blogger but I did want to leave you mess telling you that I totally agree with Faye !!! You are such a blessing to have come into our lives..You have made Seth so happy and have made our family Complete!! We all love you!