Monday, March 28, 2011

Springville Museum Of Art


It was Thursday! We were nearing the end of opportunity!
We jumped in the car and drove speedy fast to Springville.


Planning and preparation can be a key element of success in many things.
OK, IN EVERYTHING! 
We're not very good at planning or preparing for that matter.
We're birds, we fly by the seat of our tail feathers! 



We failed to plan and therefore arrived five minutes after the museum closed.
YES,  a whole STINKING FIVE MINUTES!
When you fail to plan,
one minute or five, it matters not!




I am a person who believes whole heartedly in.....
"Where there's a will there's a way!"




Meet the nicest person ever! Natalie, your wonderful!

We found her in a window.
We tapped and murmured words in the glass.
She held up her hand with five fingers.
She was smiling!
This signified, she was a woman with heart and she was going to 
give us a whole five uninterrupted minuets in the museum!
I promised I'd buy a membership in support of her work.
I'm mailing it today!
Love this lady! She's now part of my "Awesome Person" list!



She gave us so much more than five minutes!
She gave us the grand tour!
It was like we were suddenly transformed into dignitaries,
with our own private showing!
Thank you again Natalie!!! You gave us a wonderful memory!



Des, you are officially and ARTIST!
The yellow tag next to the picture declares it so!




I was so excited when I saw Desi's work hanging in a real live museum!
I am a proud mother! I have 8 children!
They are always making me proud!
It always feels good to see your children succeed in the things they are pursuing.

Also congratulations Des on your achievement award you received Wednesday night,
for being published in the Howl Chronicles.
Deserey's picture, "Leaf on Fire"
was selected for the book.

She also has another piece of art that was chosen
for a a local art show right here in Ogden.
(More coming on that)
This piece features Anna.
The kids at school have been asking Desi where she got all of 
her cute pictures of the children she is drawing for her college concentration. 
Des has lettered in English as well as Art.
For her concentration she chose pictures of children.
These children are all her nieces.
Sometime I'll get a picture of the collection. It's wonderful. 
Each piece is done in Ink with a small portion of the picture being painted in color. 
Each piece is painted with coffee.
It's been fascinating to watch each picture unfold.

KEEP CREATING DESI LOU! IT'S THE BEST PART OF LIFE!





So here it is!
My plug for the Springville Museum of Art
This is an amazing museum.
Founded in 1903, the Springville Museum of Art is a nonprofit fine arts
institution focusing on Utah art.
The building has been remodeled and is an awesome place to visit.
Check out their family membership for 40 dollars
or a single membership for 25.
Plan a visit.
You won't be sorry!



2 comments:

Kaedell said...

That's so awesome Des! Way to go!

Gavin said...

Way cool love the post Muth good job Des your amazing!