This is my mom, the woman who gave me life! Tomorrow I'd like to dedicate my 13.1 mile run to her. Several weeks ago Corinne, my cute little pregnant niece suggested the idea to me and I really liked it. My mom has a hole in her heart and while she spent most of her life running a farm and working like a man, she now spends pretty much all of her time in a chair. Next week she will celebrate her 89th birthday, a real mile stone I think! 89 years, wow, a life of hard work and for every ounce of energy she has put into me, tomorrow I'm going to take that energy and put it into my race just for her! Tomorrow I dedicate my efforts in honor of her, in appreciation for everything she's given me! Thanks Corinne for the idea!
Tonight I'm getting ready to head to bed. I have so many emotions running through me. I'm a little scared and a little nervous but most of all there is an overwhelming penetrating feeling of gratitude. This last week I got to spend at girls camp. I wish I had time to post the pictures but those will be coming.
The Heber Valley Camp is refereed to as "The Temple On The Mountain." I was fortunate enough to be able to run my last 2 miles of training on this mountain. At the end of my run I was alone in the woods and the experience I had there was overwhelming.
I wish I had time to write about all the feelings in my heart, but going to camp with my ward girls and spending this week before my marathon on God's mountain was the cap stone to my marathon. Training for this marathon has been one of the greatest experiences I've ever had and a deeply spiritual one to boot!
Today I was making my playlist for my 1/2 marathon. I never run without listening to my tunes. Nothing motivates me on the road like music. Music seriously does something powerful to every fiber of my soul! Music moves me. And so I opened up my itunes library and I listened. I tapped my feet to the beat of every song I listened to, and then I chose. One song after another started to fill up my playlist titled "Finishing Strong!"It was interesting, as I neared the end of my list I was making, I found it; my theme song. If there is one song that describes it all, every mile of this goal, this is the one! So here it is folks. The song that will drive me home!
Want a free download? Click on the title of the song.
And you can also try http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/147666/
HOW TO MOVE A MOUNTAIN by Cherie Call
Lyrics:
When I was young I heard the stories
About the people who could make the mountains flee
And every now and then, someone would tell me
I could do the same if I believed
So one summer night, I looked out my window
And I closed my eyes and listened to the wind blow
And I tried to move a mountain
I wished for it to crumble at my feet
I tried one thing after another
but I couldn't shake a leaf
I never knew that the mountain
Had a lesson it would teach
Cause as tall as I got, I still lived in its shadow
I watched it tower over me
Till one summer day, I thought I heard it call me
So I closed my eyes and then changed into my blue jeans
And I learned how to move a mountain
It was harder than I dreamed it would be
But I put one foot down past the other
Till the mountain was under me
And I felt like I could see forever
When the truth hit my senses suddenly
That mountain wasn't nearly the first one that I'd moved
God had seen my victory
Every time I put my weaknesses behind me
And I closed my eyes and let His mercy find me
I know how to move a mountain
I have to fall down on my knees
Then I get back on my feet, head on upward
Till I make it to the peak
And the mountain's under me!
Good luck to all the runners tomorrow!
Citius, Altius, Fortius!

2 comments:
Wish I could have been there running the half with you! Can't wait to hear all about, I'm sure you did GREAT!!!
And what a wonderful person to dedicate your run to, she sure is something special!
Congratulations on completing your big race! You should be so proud!!!! I, like Corinne, wish I could have done it with you all too. I'll be in Utah soon, can't wait to see you! Love you!!!!
Post a Comment