
This is what happens when mom leaves to go get ready for church. There is blue marker on her dress too, but no time to change. Smile, snap a pic, and wash off the blue button nose. :-)

Kate's new Birthday tradition. Craig's partner, and good family friend grew up on this sod farm. They still have a couple of horses and Jon is always happy to catch and saddle them for Kate to ride! She loves it! This year she rode mostly alone. Kate you're getting too big, too fast!

At the end of the school year Bell photography comes to the school and takes pictures, then sends them home and expects parents to pay for them or send them back. It's a little tradition that is irritating to me. The kids see the pics and feel "so bad" if you don't want to buy them. Well, being a frugal family and satisfied with our "beginning of the year" pictures, we send them back. This year Spencer just happened to be dressed in his Harry Potter vest and tie for show and tell. So his picture was actually a great one! Kate slept in, as usual, and missed the bus, as usual. So, two colored headbands were quickly put in place and off she went. Still a cute picture, but not my favorite. While I was packing the pictures up to send back, Spence came in and looked at Kate's picture and said "Man, I love that smile! Wish she'd do that for me."
Still makes me laugh. These two have been good buddies from the day Spencer was born. They are still good buddies, but Kate's growing up is sometimes a strain on their relationship. She's less enthusiastic about his teasing and playful nature and more into friends and hair and other girly things.
Kate is getting baptized today. How I love these proud parent moments! Mom took some great pictures of her in her dress! I'm sure we'll see them on the blog soon. As for now, I'm just happy I get to be the mother of these wonderful spirits! I love watching them grow! Congratulations Kate! We're so proud of your choices! We love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment