Monday, May 17, 2010

Recital Time


She wanted to quit a few hours before the recital.
After all, preforming in front of an audience is really, r e a l l y' scary!



I told Miss Kate I would pay top dollar for a seat in her recital.  


She took me up on that offer and now I owe her a big surprise! 
Kate you played so well! Grandma could listen to you play the piano all day!
Those little fingers have talent and you were wonderful!


When you hear my daughters play the piano so beautifully, you can thank the great lady standing in the middle of the above picture. She is my long time friend and the most talented lady there is when it comes to the ebony and ivory! BethAnn is amazing not only in her ability to play beautifully, but her ability to pass those skills onto her students ---that is equally amazing! (Not to mention what a wonderful person she is!)
BethAnn has a amazing touch with teaching kids. She is the greatest piano teacher I know and I can pick out one of her students a mile away!
I went to a talent show at Weber High a few years back, and one of the girls in the show preformed an amazing number on the piano. After the show I walked up to her and said, "You are a student of BethAnn Williams aren't you?" I wish I could have recorded the look on her face. "Yes, how did you know?" was her surprised reply. I wanted to launch into my story of how I've listened to BethAnn for years and how I wished I had just a a measure of her abilities in me, but I left it with, "Oh, I just know!"
Well it was a wonderful recital and I'm glad Kate is following in her mother's footsteps! Sticking through years of piano lessons with your children is no easy task. But there is nothing so worth while!
Great job Kate!

No comments: