Kate and I got to go shopping and to lunch the other day. It's tradition! Kate is all girl clear through to the bone. She's only 8 and she knew right where an 8 year old should shop. We went to her favorite store, "Justice's" and since she had been there the day before with her other grandma, she was well familiar with every thing she wanted in the store.
We had fun trying on sandals and flip-flops and looking at all of the cute bags, shirts, pants, and you name it. Kate picked out a passionately purple skirt that I was sorry didn't come in my size. It did come in Kate's size but they were all out, so we drove to Layton Mall.
It didn't take Kate long to pick out everything she wanted. After that we had fun strolling through all the girly shops.
I'm not sure which part of the outing was the best. We laughed at a crazy Seagull that decided to strut his stuff on this nice black Honda whose owner was no where in sight. Kate and I sat in the parking lot and watched this silly bird hop from car to car.
After entering the mall and strolling through Hallmark, we had fun in Deseret book looking at all of the scriptures, and scriptures cases Kate thought she'd like since she's going to be getting her first set. We rode the escalator and that was by Kate's request. Kate danced up and down the moving stairs while I just tried to hold on and not fall down. Then Kate chose McDonald's and I chose Hot Dog On A Stick for our late lunch together. Both were easily accessible in the mall and both of us got to have our favorite dish.
Kate picked us out a fine spot to eat and I got to hear all about her day at school and how some unruly boy had pinched her during lunch causing excruciating pain that made her cry. I offered to beat him up and Kate laughed at that. She said it was ok because the other kids told the lunch lady and he got in double trouble! Then Kate and I spent a long time discussing his obvious crush on her and how he won't stop bugging her at school, which is the ultimate sign he's sweet on her!
After spending a long time in the mall we drove to Toys Our Us. I was teasing Kate telling her she only had ten seconds to pick out what she wanted once we got inside the store. I kidded her about being quite the shopper and just as we walked through the door she spotted a monkey and grabbed it just under 8 seconds. "Wow, you're good Kate." I said. You picked that out Johnny fast! Then I saw the price tag on it and told her that was out of grandma's budget. It was a large monkey. She asked me if she could just carry it through the store and I laughed and said, "Yes" but told her she shouldn't get attached.
She got attached!
I had an idea and we walked up to the sales clerk and I asked her if by chance it was on sale. Needless to say, we went home with the monkey! But not before Kate had spotted a Smoothie/Popsicle maker. Oh she had a hard time deciding but I told her the smoothie maker was less expensive and maybe I could put a bug in someone's ear to buy it for her. That cinched her decision and home we went!
Well, we had a lovely time and I enjoyed every minute of it. Kate is the sweetest little girl and it's fun to watch her growing into such a beautiful person. I hope you had a wonderful birthday Kater Tot and Nana can't wait to take your picture in your pretty baptism dress. I'm going to really enjoy that. Being a grandmother is the greatest!
Happy Birthday little girl! We love you!

1 comment:
Way to go for Nana's pocket book Kater... you must have learned that from me hahaha :D Happy Birthday sweet girl!! I love you with all my heart!!
Post a Comment