Happy Mothers Day!!!
Mom, I wanted to post a picture of me and you when I was little, but did not get one scanned into my computer. I found this little picture of you and Eden and thought of you and me. You are always telling me that Eden is my walking clone, so I thought maybe this little picture could take you back in time even though it is a current one.
Back to the days of a little blond toe-head dancing around, always wanting attention, wanting to do everything herself, little miss independent, a little sass at times, determined in her words and actions, and always looking up into those big brown eyes and wanting nothing but to become just like her!!!
Then, I found one of us together--all grown up and both Mothers now and this picture taken on Mother's Day:) Where do all those years go? I look at Eden and can't really picture her in 30 years. What will she look like, what will she have accomplished, what will her life be like? But, one thing I hope she has more than anything is the same kind of relationship with me as I have with you! I hope she is my best friend and I am hers. I hope she looks to me for wisdom and advice as I do you. I hope she always knows of my love for her through my example and actions--as I do you. And I hope she feels proud inside to call me her mom--as I do you.
Thanks for all you do and have done for me in my life. I believe that a Mother is the highest calling that a woman can hold. You have been a constant star that I can look to. A leader, a teacher, an inspiration, and most importantly--a friend.
Thanks for being the glue that holds our family together. Thanks for being the force behind our family. And thanks for being the best mom a daughter could ever hope to have! I love you so much and appreciate all you do and all that you are!!!
Love, Bug
6 comments:
Thanks Bug! It made my day to open up the blog and find your post. Thanks for taking the time to come here post pictures and make your mom feel like she did a good job after all.
What I wouldn't give to go back and be a mom all over again. With what I know now . . .oh I'd be such a good one!!!
I miss my kids being little. I miss those days a great deal. I know that's why I kept having kids, the Lord just kept sending me the best kids in the whole world!
I know that's why I love watching Eden so much. It's like going back in time, Big Bug and Little Bug, I get to have my wonderful memories twice!
I can tell you though exactly what Eden is going to grow into Kaedelly, she's going to do what ever she puts her mind to, because she's just like her mother when she makes up her mind to do something, look out! She's going to be wonderful in every way too, just like her mother is! And she's not going to settle for anything that isn't done with excellence, because she's just like YOU - what a joy!
I love that little picture I have of you leaning on my leg when we were standing in Nauvoo by Carthage Jail. You have flip-flops on, your white hair is barely long enough to be braided, and it looks just like Eden standing there.
Last night when I asked Eden who I was and she shouted "Grandma", then threw her arms around my neck --- oh, that was worth a million bucks. I had my little Kadie bug back hugging me all over again.
Thanks Bugglet for being a wonderful daughter. I have the best children a mother could have! I love you! You are the best kid and you make me proud! Thanks for making my day yesterday special!!! You are a wonderful mother too!
The mothering generation just continue on thru time I see....
Great tribute to your mom, Kadie you really never know till you have children of your own ,How much those type of tributes mean....You are correct , Your mom is the greatest mom ,and she has managed to raise some of the greatest kids ever.....keep on adding to the blog it makes it great.....
Great tribute to your mom, Kadie you really never know till you have children of your own ,How much those type of tributes mean....You are correct , Your mom is the greatest mom ,and she has managed to raise some of the greatest kids ever.....keep on adding to the blog it makes it great.....
Great tribute to your mom, Kadie you really never know till you have children of your own ,How much those type of tributes mean....You are correct , Your mom is the greatest mom ,and she has managed to raise some of the greatest kids ever.....keep on adding to the blog it makes it great.....
Great tribute to your mom, Kadie you really never know till you have children of your own ,How much those type of tributes mean....You are correct , Your mom is the greatest mom ,and she has managed to raise some of the greatest kids ever.....keep on adding to the blog it makes it great.....
Post a Comment