I got a phone call!
I was pretty excited.
My first 5K with my grandkids.
It doesn't get any better than this when it comes to running.
My goal: KEEP UP WITH THEM!
Kate and Spencer's school held this event to raise money.
"Count me in," I said.
Word spread and Des and Kaedell joined the band wagon!
We took off carefully picking our way around all the people.
It was a big group for a very clear but cold morning!
I was neat to see all of the people come out in support of the kids.
Deserey set the pace.
"Wait for me," became my chanting mantra.
Ole, yackety yack on the far left!
Her jaw was moving faster than her feet. Hee hee......
Next time we race we're taking her phone away.
Texting while running ...Is that allowed?
Oh no, not a hill!
Two people were lagging.
Kate and I are very compatible runners.
As we were running together Kate informed me this would be her last race.
Em and the rest of the crew took pity on us, slowing down here and there while we played catch up.
Spencer totally rocked at running!
Towards the end, Spence got into the grove and he and Des took off.
They were the first ones in our group to cross the finish line.
Kate and I pulled up the rear! I like being last!
That was the funnest race I've ever done!
I think I'll invite Spencer and Kate to run with me in my next race.
After the race, Kate sat on her couch and wouldn't move.
"My legs won't work mom," she said.
Every time she said that, Spencer broke out in a little smirky grin.
"My legs don't hurt at all," he would calmly say.
Fun race!
















1 comment:
Ditto to running with grandkids has got to be the BEST!
Post a Comment