Here are a few pictures of Mom doing what she loves. The bottom one with her on the tractor reminds me of the many times mom has taken the wheel on pretty much any machine she can get her hands on. We watched her back the trailer into place many times when we were kids and I remember thinking, "I never want to have to do that". You've always been brave Mom, on stage and off. I love the middle picture for heritage reasons. It is where Mom grew up and we played as kids. Fun memories for all of us. The top picture is my favorite though. We all know of Mom's new-found love of taking pictures. Her smile shows how happy she is capturing bits of life. Mom you used to tell me when I was little that you wanted to keep me in a jar so I wouldn't get big and have to face this big world. I guess you've found a way to keep your family in a "jar". Or perhaps you just remember how busy life was with little ones at home and how little time there is to think about snapping pictures. Either way the moments you've captured are priceless! Thanks for being there for all of us as we've grown and now behind the camera!
We love you! I love you! Happy Mother's Day!
2 comments:
Well, I was getting ready to go on my usual 5:00 am walk in Hawaii, on the beach and I stopped to look at my phone, when this post came in.
I opened it up and yes, I started balling my eyes out. I had to sit down on a pic nic table to wipe my eyes so I could see to read it.
When you are a mother, it is typical to think you could have always been better at it than you were. The fact that your kids think you did great at it means the world.
Thanks Emy for taking the time to post this. Especially since I know how much time you had while I was away and you were tending the world. It made my day, my week, heck my whole year. Well, it meant a great deal to me. Thanks honey! I love you!
Great post to mom Em, I think you summed up how all of us feel. Mom, you are a great person and an example to us all. Thanks for all you do. I enjoyed spending Mother's Day in Hawaii with you. It is one that I will never forget! Love you tons and tons!
Bug
Post a Comment