Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Biggest Loser Declares A Winner!

Yes, I know this post has been long coming! But today the "Biggest Loser Contest" is officially declaring a winner! Now is when you can all faint and pass out because the winner is none other than yours truly ------ ME!

Oh, I have taken some serious abuse over this win! Seth said my tactics were dishonest, posting candy on the blog, making repetitive statements that I hadn't lost a pound, leading the competition to view me as non threatening.

Well, you all remember that I said in the beginning I had a strategy! hahahhhahaha, "Keep your friends close, and your enemy's closer!" LOL!!! I can't believe they fell for the "Fancy Cakes"! But I'm going to sit my thinner butt down and have one right now with a big ole glass of milk to celebrate!

I can't divulge my weight but lets just say I pulled out a pair of pants in my closet that had six inches of dust on them and I zipped them up without the need of a vice grip! Hahhahaha Now, that's not to say they were all that comfortable yet, but hey, they fit!

The best thing about this whole stupid contest is that it got me back walking. It feels so good to get back to my exercise regimen! I am now walking/jogging everyday again and wow, that feels so good! I have long been a fan of exercising. Maybe it's just that I love being active! Use it or lose it! So I'm glad this contest got me back to a good habit. I've been an avid walker for 21 years. But a bad habit set in this last year and I'm happy to have snapped out of it! I have my kids to thank for that!

I did feel bad though because throughout the entire contest Seth really was the most dedicated to it all. My desires really didn't kick in until the end, and to Seth and Kyle, who got this silly thing started, I thank them because it's really done two things for me.

1- It feels good to have food "NOT" control me! Today I've learned you can have a cookie, just don't eat the whole bag! The biggest thing that has helped me is portion control!

2- Believe it or not I've gotten off my sugar addiction! Wow, does that ever feel good. Oh, I still have a little candy, but that's just it, I have a little!

Now don't get all excited like the next time you see me I'm going to have some great body! Nope, I'm still pretty round, but today I have a little more money in my wallet and I don't have to undo my pants after every meal! ahhahahahha Now I've just got to pray the habits stick!

Who wants to bet me I can maintain my new weight for a year? Double or nothin!

Thanks kids! Fun Contest!

1 comment:

Grandma Staples said...

WAY TO GO FAYE! I wasn't even in your stupid contest and I fell for the Fancy Cakes!(They are pretty yummy)
Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS! on being the biggest loser!
Love Nelda