After the brief discussion, Des contentedly went back to her book and I prepared to change Seth and Goliath's picture. Emotion sometimes has a way of sneaking right up on me. As I started to remove the picture all of a sudden my heart started beating a little faster, then I noticed the big lump that had formed in my throat and before I knew it my eyes were starting to sweat and I was getting all weepy.
Do you know how long it's been since Goliath has been gone? A couple of years now. Oh how I miss this dog. He and Seth were always together and over the years they rarely went anywhere without the other one present. As dumb as it sounds, it was like parting with him all over again.
So for Journal purposes.
I'm keeping record.
Here's the old picture that hung on the side.
Granted, Haley looks much better sitting next to Seth's side!!! She's much prettier to look at than Goliath with his drool laden smile. I know she sheds less and I am pretty positive she smells better too. She is such a darling girl and I am so tickled not only to add her to the blog but to add her to the family as well. She's the best thing to come along since sliced bread!
I don't know though. Maybe somewhere here on the blog I'm going to have to keep a picture of the greatest dog we've ever owned. Just for a while maybe. It's a crazy thing . . .
Change!



3 comments:
My family is due for some new pics too:)
I love it....also keep Goliath on here and you need to add Geronimo, Sassy, Winston, Kelson and Rowdy ....ha ha ha ha Goose did you catch that you dog ha ha ha
I love the fact that you have to change it out , although big G was a pretty dog, His replacement is by far more photogenic
Post a Comment