Wednesday, October 20, 2010

And So The Day Begins


I got up this morning. I put on my Eddie Bauer fluffy pile zip up jacket (there's a chill in the air and I refuse to turn on my heat yet.) After dressing in flannel and fluff, I headed for my cave. Every morning at around 6 am my soul demands that I work on my computer. I love my computer. We have an intimate relationship. I just know when God designed the apple he wasn't even thinking about Eve! And I'm certain if  God works on a giant computer in the heavens, it's a Mac! This is precisely why I continue to reason with Him for some resolve in creating a way in which I can take it with me when I die!

I had a lot of work to do this morning. I had pictures to edit for customers and for a long time now I've been thinking of changing the design of my blog. I want something crisp and clean. I'm growing tired of the flowers with the butterfly. I'm constantly consumed with this yearning to create. I've even been thinking of taking a web design class but that's all drossy information, babble saved for a better day. The point is, after sitting down at my computer, I immediately started to hunt for ideas on how to improve everything I was working on. That's when I saw it ---it was printed boldly. It said FREE! It doesn't matter what came before the word, it doesn't matter what followed after it. What does matter is that when my eyes saw that word starkly printed, something totally different struck my brain! Suddenly and without any warning this thought went pounding through my head . . .TODAY IS FREE!

Wow, I am not dead yet. I'm alive, happily alive, and no one is charging me to breath! It's not to late to jump into the depths of life and drink in every portion that gently reveals itself there. It's not to late to take up living with some zest and zeal. I love life. It's full of every kind of color you want to experience, every kind of emotion, every kind of feeling. It's mine for the taking. So this morning I ask myself, "Is there anything holding me back?" And I answer with a resounding thunderous boom, "Nope!"

It's a great morning. It's a great day to be among the living. There's a constant rhythm and murmur to life. A drone of things to do, people to please, and pleasure to find. There's a million and one things calling for my time today, but amidst all the distant voices echoing their demands for me to come and do are these moments, unmistakeable, undeniable, moments that fill up my life with a serious richness beyond belief. Inexpressible moments, like the one I'm having right this very minute. I love them. They are the substance that sustains my very being and there should be more of them. Every day we should seriously pursue more of them. I'm taking a vow, I'm going to make more of them. Life is to be lived with passion! Life is to be enjoyed, savored and treasured up!

So with a smile I greet the day. It's pulchritude astounds me. Good morning life!

(Today I remember my son Corbin! Happy Birthday! I'm going to live life for both of us. Happy Day!)

1 comment:

Papa Bird said...

Another great captured pic ....Way to go Faye , You once again were able to capture a fleeting moment and preserve it in time forever...........almost has a sense of power in it does'nt it? I love your Pics keep taking them