They came running downstairs like a heard of elephants.
They were pumped to the max.
They'd been to Walmart to buy their blue spandex.
"They were only 5 bucks mom," she boasted.
I could see all three of them were mighty proud of their purchase.
They were ready to do battle for their fearless team.
And as usual, the war paint was on!
They were pumped to the max.
They'd been to Walmart to buy their blue spandex.
"They were only 5 bucks mom," she boasted.
I could see all three of them were mighty proud of their purchase.
They were ready to do battle for their fearless team.
And as usual, the war paint was on!
Every game, Des artistically paints the paw print trail across her face.
Each week the trail gets longer!
The kids at school are funny.
They always ask her if that's a stamp they can buy somewhere.
Des is an artist in training. No stamp for her.
Each little paw print is painstakingly drawn
then meticulously painted.
then meticulously painted.
Now they were all ready for game night. Fremont's last one.
I did what I always do.
I got out my camera!
Late that night after the game was all over, Des walked in with some awesome news. Her face painting paid off. Fremont Silver Wolves took home the title! We talked about the game, how great Fremont had done and went to bed.
Thursday morning Des woke up to her phone beeping off the wall. She was getting one text message after another. Her friends said she was a celebrity, famous!
I don't think so.
Just a die hard Fremont fan!
I gathered the paper to see what all the texting was about!
I laughed so hard when I saw the front page!
Just a die hard Fremont fan!
I gathered the paper to see what all the texting was about!
I laughed so hard when I saw the front page!
The article said,
"THAT CHAMPIONSHIP CHEER!"
It went on to say,
"Deserey Crowther roots on the Fremont High School football team Wednesday night in its game against Davis High School in Kaysville. Her cheering was rewarded as the Silver Wolves took the Region 1 title with a 14-6 win."
What can I say?
I love life with an energetic fun loving teenager! What a child!
Oh and wait . . .
One last thing. . . way to go Fremont!
Love that school!






4 comments:
Wow, bring a tear to my eye Des I freaking love you ha ha I gotta say something I dreamed about and you did it ha ha.....you thought I was talking about the football team winning naaaa I always wanted to get on the front page for my mad cheering skills ha ha well done bud!!!!!! Fremont is the best I married a former Davis Dart but I will forever bleed silver and blue!!!! Love ya Desi your amazing.
AWESOME!!! I have a famous sister:) Does that make me semi-famous? (he,he,he) LOVED seeing your face on the front page today Desi!
Way to go Silver and Blue!!!
haha Thanks!! :D it was definitly awesome! The game was so exciting. And i still can't believe i made the paper. I'm pretty sure i scared the photographer with my crazy cheering... and my face.
I definitely am a proud Dad ......Des you are the greatest......Way to go, it almost has reserected my faith in the Standard Exaimer
Post a Comment