I went to make pie today at the cabin and found I have no large mixer. I am determined to buy one. Frequently I've wondered which machine to get, the Kitchenaid, or another Bosch. Kaedell has the Kitchenaid. She loves it. I have the Bosh and I equally love my machine. However, seeing Kaedell's mixer sitting on her counter top each time I go over to her house, keeps me intrigued as to whether or not I'd like a Kitchenaid.
The crazy part of this story is, when I first got married several people in Glade's home ward bought us a nice Kitchenaid. I was dumb and stupid back then and just learning how to cook. I regret to say I don't think I ever used that mixer once. And to this day I couldn't tell you where it went. I dare not think!
I decided to do a little research on both these machines.
Here's the skinny on them both.
Bosch's most powerful machine 800 Watts
Kitchenaid 575 Watts
Bosch comes in white
Kitchenaid you get to choose from 12 spectacular colors
Bosch - 6.5 quart mixing bowl
Kitchenaid - 6 quart mixing bowl
Bosch outperforms Kitchenaid on making Bread
Kitchenaid outperforms Bosch on making Cookies
Bosch outperforms Kitchenaid on making large batches
Kitchenaid outperforms Bosch on making small batches
Bosch - 3 year motor warranty 1 year on parts
Kitchenaid - 1 year hassle free replacement warranty
Bosch - Flour power... 18 cups
Kitchenaid - Flour power... 14 cups
Bosch - 6 (2 lb) loaves of whole wheat bread
Kitchenaid - 8 small loaves of white bread
Bosch - 10 dozen cookies
Kitchenaid - 13 dozen cookies
Bosch - Three controlled speeds plus a momentary switch for pulsing
Kitchenaid - 10 speeds
There now, isn't that about as clear as mud?
I own a Bosch and I made this choice before I knew anything about the Kitchenaid. Like I said, I love my Bosch and it's performed wonderfully as I've used it over the years.
I'm going to buy a machine for my cabin. I thought about buying another Bosch because my family is so BIG. But instead, I think I'm going to get a kitchenaid. Why? Because I can buy it in my favorite color... RED!
If you read this and have some opinions, please share them!

6 comments:
I LOVE my Kitchenaid!! It was a hand-me-down from a friend. It's about 15 years old. I have never had a single problem with it. It works great for cookies. But 2 of my favorite bread recipes are too big for my Kitchenaid, so I really want a Bosch. The Bosch will be for bread, the Kitchenaid for cookies.
get two of each and make lots of bread and cookies and give them to me yummy......
i agree with valerie. i got my kitchenaid from my mil. It is probably about 15-20 years old and works like a charm. It is in a soft mustard yellow (thank goodness the color is making a comeback!
I really like it.
Plus, if you get a kitchenaid for the cabin, then you can tell all of us non-bosch users which one you like better!
Good luck...
Get the KitchenAid. Then, in 5 years, when anyone has the same question, you will be the one with the answer that doesn't take a spreadsheet to figure out...
I have a Bosch and LOVE it♥. I have never had anyone complain about the cookies that are mixed in it. I love that you can make a big batch of wheat bread with it.
Kitchenaid is AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment