Monday, October 4, 2010

Can You Own Too Many Sanuks?


I was in Sportsmans warehouse when I first spotted them. They were green and had stars on them. I have a weakness for shoes so there was no hesitation, I tucked them in my cart and bought them immediately.
 They're called, "Happy Fun Sandals," I know my feet are happier with them on. Since that day I have worn them right out. There's a hole in the front of the left shoe where my big toe pokes out now and everything on them is pretty tattered. I still keep wearing them, mostly to the garden or when my feet are going to get grungy. I can't bare to part with them. Today I'm sad I didn't buy more. I love the stars on them.
The other day I got on Zappos and ordered me up the pair you see below. They arrived the next day. I love that about Zappos, always a speedy delivery! I couldn't wait to get them out of the package and on my feet! They really are happy sandals. They even spell "SANUK" with a smily face in the "U."

You should have seen Deserey's face when she got home from school. She took one look at my brand new, "SANUKS" and started in with her persuasive whining. 
"Oh Mom, I wanna a pair. Where's my pair? Did you get me a pair." On and on she went.
"Nope," I said with a smirk! "I didn't buy you pair, I bought me a pair!" I think I even laughed right out loud.
See I bought her a pair with the stars the same day I bought my pair and she has not worn hers out! 
If I could get my feet in her green stary shoes, I'd take them back and wear them out too. I hunted on the internet forever for another pair of those cute shoes with the bold stars. The stars really got to me. I feel like Judy Garland with those shoes on my feet! Look as I might, I couldn't find a single pair.


Often worn by surfers and mountain climbers alike, Sanuk shoes are a unique hybrid sandal/shoe unlike anything I've ever worn before. "Barefoot Un-Technoloty." Is what Sanuk calls their shoes. I think that's why I love them. It's like my feet are wearing nothing at all!
After wearing around the first pair I showed you. Guess what??? Yup, I bought a second pair. These above are called, "Plain Jane's." Too bad they don't have stars on them. Zappos delivered them the next day. This shoe has a vintage attitude! I wear these now for everyday. 
Did I tell you I can throw them in the washing machine over and over again. This is my kind of shoe. 



When I feel an appropriate amount of time has passed (maybe a week or two - LOL) or maybe when the weather turns cold and winter is barking at my door. I'm going to by the "Donna Chills." Well just look at them, they have fur inside! How can I pass that up. I'm a person who hates socks!





I think I have a new addiction. I'm going to have to exercise some self control!
I warn you!!! Order a pair and you'll be hooked!


No comments: