Wednesday, January 6, 2010

An overdue glimpse into the Umbrell house

I came down stairs and found these lonely mini spooners cast to the side for their lack of sugary frosting. I found it funny and thought maybe there was a life lesson to learn from this scene. What do I cast off to the side because I can't see the sweetness on the surface? Hmm...

I came across a great wheat bread recipe a few years ago and now my family does not like store bread anymore. So once a week I make four loaves of bread to feed my family and Ali is always right there to help me. She loves cooking with me and being my kitchen helper(beater licker).
I love these moments!


Meet Brownie's boyfriend, Kiko. Don't worry, our house is still G rated. I put a show on for the kids so they wouldn't see the one going on in my kitchen! I'm crazy, but we thought we would try for puppies. We thought it worked but now we're not so sure. I guess time will tell.

Well it wouldn't be a true glimpse into our house without a picture of Kate sporting high fashion. This girl loves stylish clothing! I think she chages outfits at least five times every day. Yesterday she was walking around the house with her purse and high heel sandals ready for something, and I couldn't help smile and snap a picture of this almost daily occurance. :-)

This is my little red headed trouble maker. Here she is showing off her blue lips while Kate is off to the side lecturing her for eating Kate's blue bottle pop.
These are just a few of the great moments happening daily at the Umbrell house! Some of which don't look very sugary on the surface, but there is definite goodness on the inside!
Here is my comment on all of the blog posts that I've now caught up on: Great! Love them! Keep up the posting! Side note-Mom, for my birthday all I want is a memory card full of all of the great pictures you've captured of our family. Until next post... (which I promise will be sooner)


3 comments:

Mother Bird said...

Oh I just love it when my children post! Your post made my day Em. I loved the lonely spooners and I'm thankful I'm not cast aside when I'm not sweet! Hahahha (which can be quite often) nice lesson Em.
I loved Ali's glasses, Kate's high fashion, and especially Anna's blue lips.
Ok, all you other Crowther slackers. Let's see what's going on in your lives. Desi, kash for kids is over? Goose, where's a pic of that new TV? Hey you Willard people ahahaha where's some pics of my Baylee Boo? 27th street dwellers come on? Hello Seth are you alive? The pressure's on!
Nice post EM - keep it up!!!

Kaedell said...

Way cute Em! I can always count on a good chuckle from your posts. I especially loved the mini spooners. A great life lesson in deed! Thanks for sharing!

Caroline said...

So cute!! I love your kids, they crack me up. They have the cutest personalities. I can tell there is never a dull moment at your house!!