Today I want to bring you some information, hopefully creating a desire in you to be fit for life.
Do you feel like Seth in the above picture, tired, lethargic, with no energy? Seth would say it's the books that put him to sleep, but the mood of the picture is sometimes how I feel when I haven't eaten right or given my body some physical challenges.
I love fitness! Let me say that again, I LOOOOVE FITNESS!!! I think the human body is the most amazing machine ever designed! I'm growing old fast and now more than ever I appreciate my body and being blessed with good health. Good health doesn't always just happen, and now at my age, I realize the old adage is true, "Use it or lose it!" While I can't go out and flip upside down on the trampling like Goose in the above photo, I can walk faster than most joggers. 21 years of power walking has improved my life in numerous ways!
Taking the time for fitness in your life is "VITALLY" important! The word vital is an adjective. It means existing as a manifestation of life. It relates to being concerned with or giving the necessary maintenance to life. There is a reason the organs in our body are referred to as vital organs, or vital fluids. Well people, I read somewhere a long time ago "You should take better care of your body, it's the only place you have to live!" The quality of our life as well as the functioning of our mind is greatly impacted by how we take care of our bodies.
Last night Seth was telling me I should watch some Dr. show on TV. He said on the episode he was watching, they analyzed body parts from people and told them their physical age compared to their real age. Seth informed me the woman on the show was only 42 but the organs in her body reflected she was the age of a 56 year old woman. Hearing that stood me at attention real quick. "How old do my body parts say I am?" immediately raged in my head. I care for my 88 year old mother everyday and her life style does not look appealing folks. I'm paying greater attention to how I care for my body... NOW!!!
Last May I got sick of food having a little too much control over me. From then on and throughout the summer I made some drastic changes involving how I eat and exercise. These changes were hard but so rewarding. I notice a big difference in how it makes my body and my mind feel when I'm practicing them. I'm a firm believer in fitness! In order to stay motivated, I have some favorite fitness places I roam to on the internet. I enjoy reading and finding new ways of caring for the only place I have to live--- my body! Thought I'd share them. Take my advice, do something everyday to change how you care for your body. Drink more water, take the stairs, park a little further away, have one less cookie, do a few push ups everyday, etc., etc., etc.. Start with small improvements and just keep adding good habits to your life. I know you will feel the benefits, they are very rewarding!
Check out a few of these places and see how you like them.
1- Fitness Spotlight Mike O’Donnell use to have a site called “IF Life” a while back (about intermittent fasting). Scott Kustes use to manage aa site called “Modern Forager” about healthy eating and healthy fats. Separately these two fitness blogs were great. About a year ago they joined forces and created “Fitness Spotlight”. It's a complete No-Brainer…this site is a fave!
2- Conditioning Research is another goodie! Chris over at “Conditioning Research” is like the news source for the fitness industry. He is really on top of everything. I've often wondered if this guy has a million “Google Alerts” set up and other tools for him to stay on top of what’s happening in health and fitness. If a story comes in on something he's usually first to find it.
3- The Daily Fitness Solution Blog I love this blog! Everyday I can pull up a 20 min. routine and chose my level of performance. All of these take little or no equipment to complete.
4- Whole Health Source Stephen Guyenet runs this site. He's a pretty knowledgeable guy. He conducts bench research on body fat regulation. He shares his research on what works and what doesn't work. For instance did you know one pound of fat contains 3,500 calories? According to Stephen, "That represents roughly 40 slices of toast. So if you were to eat one extra slice of toast every day, you would gain just under a pound of fat per month. Conversely, if you were to eat one fewer slice per day, you'd lose a pound a month. Right?" read what he says. You'll find this an interesting article.
5- Fit Bottomed Girls Don't you just love the name? Launched in May 2008, the Fit Bottomed Girls website features multiple weekday posts with fresh fitness content for women and girls. You can find a little bit of everything on this site. Check it out.

Taking the time for fitness in your life is "VITALLY" important! The word vital is an adjective. It means existing as a manifestation of life. It relates to being concerned with or giving the necessary maintenance to life. There is a reason the organs in our body are referred to as vital organs, or vital fluids. Well people, I read somewhere a long time ago "You should take better care of your body, it's the only place you have to live!" The quality of our life as well as the functioning of our mind is greatly impacted by how we take care of our bodies.
Last night Seth was telling me I should watch some Dr. show on TV. He said on the episode he was watching, they analyzed body parts from people and told them their physical age compared to their real age. Seth informed me the woman on the show was only 42 but the organs in her body reflected she was the age of a 56 year old woman. Hearing that stood me at attention real quick. "How old do my body parts say I am?" immediately raged in my head. I care for my 88 year old mother everyday and her life style does not look appealing folks. I'm paying greater attention to how I care for my body... NOW!!!
Last May I got sick of food having a little too much control over me. From then on and throughout the summer I made some drastic changes involving how I eat and exercise. These changes were hard but so rewarding. I notice a big difference in how it makes my body and my mind feel when I'm practicing them. I'm a firm believer in fitness! In order to stay motivated, I have some favorite fitness places I roam to on the internet. I enjoy reading and finding new ways of caring for the only place I have to live--- my body! Thought I'd share them. Take my advice, do something everyday to change how you care for your body. Drink more water, take the stairs, park a little further away, have one less cookie, do a few push ups everyday, etc., etc., etc.. Start with small improvements and just keep adding good habits to your life. I know you will feel the benefits, they are very rewarding!
Check out a few of these places and see how you like them.
1- Fitness Spotlight Mike O’Donnell use to have a site called “IF Life” a while back (about intermittent fasting). Scott Kustes use to manage aa site called “Modern Forager” about healthy eating and healthy fats. Separately these two fitness blogs were great. About a year ago they joined forces and created “Fitness Spotlight”. It's a complete No-Brainer…this site is a fave!
2- Conditioning Research is another goodie! Chris over at “Conditioning Research” is like the news source for the fitness industry. He is really on top of everything. I've often wondered if this guy has a million “Google Alerts” set up and other tools for him to stay on top of what’s happening in health and fitness. If a story comes in on something he's usually first to find it.
3- The Daily Fitness Solution Blog I love this blog! Everyday I can pull up a 20 min. routine and chose my level of performance. All of these take little or no equipment to complete.
4- Whole Health Source Stephen Guyenet runs this site. He's a pretty knowledgeable guy. He conducts bench research on body fat regulation. He shares his research on what works and what doesn't work. For instance did you know one pound of fat contains 3,500 calories? According to Stephen, "That represents roughly 40 slices of toast. So if you were to eat one extra slice of toast every day, you would gain just under a pound of fat per month. Conversely, if you were to eat one fewer slice per day, you'd lose a pound a month. Right?" read what he says. You'll find this an interesting article.
5- Fit Bottomed Girls Don't you just love the name? Launched in May 2008, the Fit Bottomed Girls website features multiple weekday posts with fresh fitness content for women and girls. You can find a little bit of everything on this site. Check it out.

1 comment:
Great Info mom! I'll check out those sights, I could use a little motivation to get fit again. At least my chicken nugget and mac & cheese lunches have not caught up with me, yet. I've been told that they will eventually though :-) Better take care of myself. Thanks
Post a Comment