Had a good weekend. Ate Yummy Taco soup at Em's on Saturday. Got to see her new house she's going to be moving into. We took a drive to see it. All four kids rode in the front seat with Glade and I. Didn't drive far, so we felt ultimately safe with our bad choice. Emy looked pretty funny in the back seat all alone. The kids loved it. Fun night.
Had the Blanch clan over for soup on Sunday. My sister (Phyllis) is a rock! Saturday she moved into her rental and they bulldozed her home into a pile of black rubble. I cried. The fire took everything. It was a beautiful home. She and her family are a great example to me.
Played Bunko on Tuesday. I paid 5 dollars for a nice meal. Caroline makes a great host. Gavin stayed in his man cave. He knows his place in the world!
Yesterday I tended Eden. I gave her a bath. We ate Dee's hot cereal. We danced and watched the bunny show. That girl is energy in motion! Corbin came over with Kaedell to pick up Eden. It wasn't long and the tormenting began. I plunked both of them down on the couch for fighting. Corbin is smarter than Eden, he put on the required smile and got off! Eden persisted with her "I'll show you" attitude, sassing me at every turn. I love it! Corbin is four, he's getting smarter.
Signed up for the Bear Lake 1/2 Marathon today. No turning back now. What have I done?
Serious training begins! Love the C25K app on my iPhone. C25K stands for Couch to 5K. Week one day two - Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking. I like how they fixed the app so my music plays in between the man with the big voice that suddenly speaks to me in my head phones telling me when to run and when to walk. As I listen to this program, my mind wanders in and out while I'm on the road, heart pumping hard. Sometimes I can't remember if I'm suppose to be running or walking. I know the big voice told me but I forget. Developed ways to hold my fingers so I won't forget. How crazy is that?
Broke a hard sweat today. Hope my foot holds out. How does taking two weeks off, kill 8 months of training? The body goes down hell fast! Hahahah I accidentally typed hell instead of hill. I'm leaving it - it fits! How come muscle deteriorates so fast? 8 months of hard work and it leaves me in 14 days!
Cleaning out closets continues at a slow rate. Cleaned out the drug cupboard. 1993 expiration dates on bottles - I think it's safe to throw them away.
Heavy snow storm. Another tree casualty out front. Who ever planted that tree a hundred years ago, across the street, sure planted it in just the right spot. It never fails to stop any car going too fast around my corner in a snow storm. Some non native to my curvy little road hits it every winter. Usually a teenager. Was the man behind the wheel clueless that there was a blizzard taking place? His green Rodeo is history. His four wheel drive did him no good. I drug him out from under the tree and up into my drive way so he could call the wrecker. Another metal heap for the junk yard.
Des and I are going to our oil painting class tonight. I'm painting a rooster. We'll see.
Desi signed up for indoor soccer. Wicked, is all I have to say.
I think my sickness is finally gone. I was beginning to think something was seriously wrong with me, it lingered forever. It was strange. Best description - Flu like symptoms without Flu like symptoms.
Back on my vitamins.
Political note: As the dust clears from Tuesday night’s historic win for Republican Scott Brown in the Massachusetts special Senate election, the questions are starting to pile up. This did my heart good! I just know my dad rose up from his grave and said "Hallelujah!" A Republican capturing a seat from not only a Democrat but, Ed Kennedy (held for 47 years until his death)? Oh my, that knocked a few democrats flat! Thomas Jefferson said, "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." Discipline, we could use some of that today!
Oh, I almost forgot. I got my first blog book in the mail. I had the first year of my blog (2008) printed into a book. Glade sat and read it all night. Wow, our life recorded. It's awesome.
Question? On my bucket list is, "Write a book." Does my blog book count? Can I cross it off.
Note: add new goal to bucket list, "Write a book and sell it."
Life is good. I am happy.

2 comments:
Faye you are so cute! When is the Bear Lake 1/2? Maybe I should get my buns in gear and do it :) Have you made the soup yet?
-Robynn
You still need to come to pilates qith me sometime... I think you would enjoy it
Post a Comment