Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Chrirstmas Boy


He was born December 23rd.
I came home from the hospital on December 24th Christmas Eve.
A new baby in arms.
As far as I was concerned Christmas came early!
There is something special about having a new baby in the house so close to Christmas.
That year. . .
It was the best Christmas ever!




Now he's married and has a family of his own.




And he's the best dad ever.




I'm not sure Gage really loves his birthday being so close to Christmas,
It is kind of hectic.




Years ago we started a tradition to help seperate Gage's birthday
from Christmas.
For years we've always gone to a movie for his birthday and out to eat,
something we've never done consistantly for any other child's birthday.
Now he's old we still go to a movie and out to eat.
We can't seem to break the tradition.

This year Gage decided to keep it low key.
We went to Wendy's to eat.
And Gage gave us all specifics,
"Don't Dress Up!"
Yup that's what he said,
So we were planning on low key birthday bash.
That is until Gav and Caroline showed up.
The Mission Impossible Theme Song was playing loudly from Gav's 
suit pocket as they walked in the door.
It was the funniest thing ever. We all had a good laugh.
I had to grab a picture.



Well, this put everyone in the mood for our late night movie,
"Mission Impossible!"
It was like we had a couple of movie celebrities at our own personal movie opening.
I'm only sad I didn't have some red carpet with me.

There was lots of laughter and it was fun to watch the response
as people caught sight of Gavin and Caroline in their movie premiere atire.
And Gage couldn't get over it.
None of us could.
When we arrived at the theatre,
The movie people got a kick out of it too.

It was a fun night and Gavin's DI purchase really looked authentic.
He and Caroline out did themselves.
In honor of Gage and his special day! 


I know for Gage, having a Christmas birthday can sometimes be a pain,
but as a mother, I've always thought it a privilege to have 
a son who shares his birthday so close to the Savior's.
Christmas is a time when I really take a long hard look at my blessings.
Gage ---you are one of those blessings!
One of the greatest blessings in mine and dad's life and in our family.
I'm thankful for you and the strength you bring to us. I'm thankful for all
your great qualities, your determination, your ability to do what ever you put your mind to.
Gage is my one kid that if he decided he wants to do something, he just figures out a way
to do it and then he does it. He has always been my entrepreneurial kid.

So Merry Christmas to me and Happy Birthday to you Gage!
Thanks for being such a great blessing! We love you!
I love you!
Happy Birthday bud!

2 comments:

Gavin said...

Well said mom I love these pics you are so good with the camera! It was fun bro I love your Birthday near Christmas!

Papa Bird said...

Just like Mom said, What a great time we all had!!I for one, I am glad that Gages birthday falls where it does. .Its like the grandkid party , something I look forward to every year.....So thanks to you Gager for putting it all together,for having your birthday near christmas , and thanks Gav and Caroline for adding to the fun!!!!!!