Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Alikans


Someone had a birthday!
Some cute little someone!
<3 <3 <3 Someone I love <3 <3 <3


I was over to Emilyn's when Spencer pulled up his birthday tribute on Em's iPad. Ali was there and she got to listen to Spencer read his very own tribute. When he finished reading his post, Ali looked at me and said, "Grandma, when are you going to write to me?" Something in the sound of her voice told me she really liked the letter part of the post where I spoke directly to Spencer. Maybe it made it more personal. What ever that reason, today I'm going to answer that question of hers.

In fact, I'm answering that question right now! "When am I going to write to you Miss Alikans?"

T O D A Y! Today is YOUR DAY Sprout! Right this very minute! Emilyn, go get your daughter and help her read this please!


Dear Alison, (I love your name!)

Nanners LOVES YOU!!! You already know that though, don't you? I'm telling you again anyway! I love you little girl!!! Did you know you're a prize! Yup! You are better than all the prizes you could ever win in a cracker jack box! You are better than any prize you could win anywhere! Even if I won the million dollar lottery, you are better than that prize! You, little girl, are the prize of all prizes! And I love you more than words could ever tell!

Look how cute you are in these pictures! Nana had so much fun taking you out for your birthday! Our trip to Rainbow Gardens was awesome! Do you remember the big giant potato chips? I do, because you shared them with me and I love potato chilps almost as much as I love you! (That's a lot!!!) I had so much fun on our birthday date! And I had so much fun taking your picture. I think your idea to sit in every chair was very clever. Look how cute they turned out!

That is one thing I love about you Ali girl, I love your smile! Your smile is a link to your bubbly personality. You are such a happy little girl. And that happiness is always bubbling and spilling out all over the place. It's always present in your smile! You have the prettiest smile ever. Did you know you are a good example to grandma. Every time I'm around you, you teach me how important it is to be happy! That's a very hard thing for some adults. You are a good example to grown ups every where!

There's something else I love about you. Do you know what that is? The other day you came over to my house and you and Anna were playing outside. The next thing I knew, you were playing with a new friend. You met Kyler and you made friends with him and I didn't even have to introduce you. Do you know how many kids come to grandma's house and have not had the courage to go over and meet Kyler. Not you! You are MISS FRIENDLY! You are outgoing, and friendly to everyone. You went outside and made a friend and Kyler thought you were awesome! Now he asks me when you are coming again! Wow, you are a good example! I like how kind you are to everyone around you! That is an admirable trait.



Now . . .let me see, what else do I love about you, besides E V E R Y T H I N G?


I love how strong willed you are. You are determined, and you have a strong mind. You know what's right and wrong and you always make such good decisions. Even when it's hard to make good choices, you still make them. You can do hard things. That's amazing. I love that about you! I also like how you know what you like. You know how to make up your mind. I love how you know yourself, who you are and what kind of person you want to be. You are not wishy washy!  You have a strong character! You're going to make a good leader Ali! Your friendly and outgoing and you are a natural born leader. You are going to have a good influence on everyone around you! I know that the kids you play with admire you and they want to be around you. You make people feel better about themselves and you make people want to be better. Wow, that's an awesome trait you have!


There's another quality I love about you Ali! You are thoughtful and considerate of other people's feelings. You are unselfish. I think that's why everyone loves to be with you. I remember last year at my Grandkiddie Christmas party. Somehow grandma messed up and got one more toy that was for a boy instead of a girl. Do you remember this? I can't remember who got the gift for the boy, but I remember tears (I think it was Eden) and grandma was beside herself with how to fix the awful mess! That is when you stepped up and I still remember exactly what you said,  You looked at me and then you spoke, "It's ok," you said, "I'll have it!" Oh my goodness! You took and traded your gift that was for a girl and you took the toy that was for a boy! Grandma nearly fell off her chair! Do you know what a big thing that was? Wow, you saved the day, you saved grandma's party! I will never forget that!


Well, that's not the first time I've seen you do that, and I know it's not the last time I'll see you do that. You are a very kind and generous little girl Alison. I love you for that! Well I could go on and on all day about you. Your fun, your energetic, your smart, your beautiful, you are important, and you, little lady, are my best friend! We are best friends forever, huh?

Thanks for being WONDERFUL! I'm so glad you are MY granddaughter! I am proud of you Ali! Every where I go I tell people all about YOU! You are very special to me! You are very special to everyone in our family. All your crazy aunts and uncles. Everyone LOVES YOU! And, I feel so lucky that I get to be YOUR GRANDMA! I'm the luckiest grandma ever! We are going to have a lot of fun ---YOU and ME! I hope you had an awesome birthday, since you are such an AWESOME KID!

OK SPROUT! I LOVE ---LOVE ---LOVE-A YOU! Your my Ali Cat! Grizzly Bear HUGS (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr) and Butterfly kisses!

I love you! Grandpa loves you too!

Nana :)
PS. thanks for giving me the whip cream and cherry off your cake!

1 comment:

Gavin said...

awesome pics ha ha Ali your such a cutie