It wasn't planned!!! I repeat, it wasn't planned!
On Sunday there is a rule at the Crowther home. Want to come to dinner? Just call up and tell the cook ahead of time. Gage and Missy did just that. Missy went one step further. She baked Seth a Brown's cake.
Then she called him up and told him to get over to my house and have a piece.
Yesterday was Seth's birthday. Happy Birthday Sethy Boy!
Kelson has been sitting on Seth's gift for months. Eons of time, according to Goose. He couldn't wait. Nope not one more day. The anticipation was killing him. So upon seeing the cake, out came the box.
Gavin and Caroline called us just as Goose was about to give Seth the hand-off. So we faced timed. Gage showed off the cake and held the phone on Seth while the unveiling took place.
It was pretty exciting, And I'm going to apologize here to all the other Crowther birds for not making Goose wait.
Seth was pretty happy to have a gift to open though on the real day. And Goose was chompin at the bit. Seth took his time unwrapping the excitement.
Seth is a die hard "Browns" fan. We all are. And now he has a signed helmet to prove it. He was so surprised.
He couldn't wait to try it on. Oh it's not to wear. It's signed by ....Oh I forget his name! That tells you what a sports fan I am doesn't it. Ok, I'll find out and report back. It's early. I'm tired.
It was pretty exciting though and Seth loved his gift. Way to go Goose. You outdid yourelf!
He loved his cake too! Thanks Missy!
Well you can't have a birthday cake without candles, so we stuck 3 matches in the cake, lit them on fire and sang Happy Birthday. It all felt like a birthday party. But it wasn't the real party. We will celebrate again with the whole crew. I still have my gift to give to Seth.
Happy Birthday Seth. I hope you had a great day because you are a great kid! I know you're well older than the normal kid range standards, but no matter how old you are, you will always be a kid to me! And you're the best kid a mom could ask for, I'm so thankful you're mine.
You were the first Crowther boy bird to land in the nest. I have always known why God sent you first in a herd of boys. You are a great example to your brothers and you have always had an extra sense of wisdom about you. You make a good brother to look up too.
I appreciate so many things about you. Your way of being invites people in. It intreats easily and kindess is unfolded there. Your the kind of individual where trust is always present, a trait not found in everyone. Your strong and sturdy like an Oak. Not only on the outside but on the inside as well. Your the kind of guy, everyone can count on. You in short represent all of the qualities I hope to see in all my sons. Everything about you is solid and true. And that's why your first in the line up. So others can see what a great man looks like and follow.
I love you! Dad too! Thanks for being one easy kid to raise and for being a great example and just a down right great person. Thanks too for always being such a help to me, both physically and mentally as well. Happy Birthday bud! Love you!!!









1 comment:
Happy birthday brotha!!
Post a Comment