Friday, November 11, 2011

One Post For Today


On the day I finished cleaning out my mother's home, after handing the key over to my niece (who by the way, I'm so happy is there.) I walked home slower than I've ever walked home before. Ya, I cried all the way. I love my home. I love that old red brick structure. It's small and it's 120 years old, but it's a mansion to me.

I love my mother. I miss her. I love her home, my home. I love the meaning that surrounds every brick and blade of grass. I love it as much as I love my mother. My home and my mother are 'One' in the same. The old place is surrounded with epiphanies of my life. I will miss going there everyday. I will miss it as much as I miss my mother. Today I feel like writing 'One' different kind of post.

Walking home that day, my mind was pouring over my thoughts that were leaking out of my heart.  How they found their way to my head I'll never know. I was thinking about that day, the day I cleaned out my mother's home. I was thinking aobut that 'One' single day all the way home. A day in my life when everything about my life changed. As I got closer to the corner where I live I noticed the sun. It was setting.  It was so beautiful, the light was pouring through the trees. My mother was in that light. I could feel her love in the last fleeting rays brilliantly sifting through every tiny branch. Each shining ray pushed it's way through the tangled maze, through my tangled thoughts and into my soul, my sad sorrowing soul. I felt autumn and my mother's last bit of warmth trying to hold on in the frigid November air. For a minute it lifted me to where she surly is.

I was lucky enough to have my camera in my pocket. I took it to my mom's house everyday after she died. I pulled it out of my pocket and took 'One' picture that inspired me just before I walked up my driveway. In the last few seconds, I caught the sun coming through the trees just before it set. The picture will forever remind me of that 'One day', 'One' moment, in my life when everything changed.

Today, my thoughts run everywhere.

Chinese numerology and Feng Shui has something to say about today. So do I. 2011 is the year of the "One's". This year we are going to experience four unusual dates. 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/11/11, and that's not all; Take the last two digits of the year you were born and the age you will be this year and the result will add up to 111 for everyONE.

It is also said this year is the year of MONEY. Which is very interesting to me. We'll see about that. There's only a month and a half left to strike it rich! I'm a little skeptical, a down right non believer. Also October this year had five Sundays, five Monday's and five Saturdays. This happens only once every 823 years. Gee I missed it. October went by in a blur. I spent it sitting on my mother's porch, crying.

Those who are totally obsessed with the year of the "One's" and are having babies this month are even scheduling C-sections for today. Some doctor in British Columbia reported that today he'll deliver 50 babies alone. I guess people even planned the birth of their children around today! And that's not all, people who are getting hitched are racing to tie the knot on this the day of the 'One's'. Goose, you missed out! It's ok, I'm quite happy you're still at home mooching off your parents, a single unwed poor college boy. Personally I think you should shoot for taking a wife somewhere around 11/11 3011 .....hahahahaha. Ok, so I'm joking.

It seems everyone wants to capitalize on the day of the 'One's'. It's true even I have something up my sleeve. Today  is Fun Faye Friday. I think it's symbolic. After all, today is 'My' day! And it fell on the day of the 'One's'. Therefore, on the 11th hour, at the 11th minute, during the 11th second, I'm having my own personal party. I'm the only 'One' coming. Everyone else is busy. And I'm going to do something with great meaning. I'm going to choose 'ONE' goal that I intend to never to break. I have it all picked out. Something personal, something I can do for the rest of my life to look back on this 'One' single day when I became 'One' with 'One' idea, in 'One' moment in time. That little single digit is symbolic to me. It's kind of spiritual to me. Today I'm combining the spiritual with the fun. I'm going to take 'One' moment in time to improve 'One' thing about myself ...forever.

I just want to say, life is spiritual! It is! Don't bother arguing with me. AnyONE who misses that is missing the 'One' single most important aspect to life.

Probably about right now, you're all thinking I'm 'One' nut case. Hahahaha I am!

I have learned something in life. My mother taught it to me. You have to capitalize on the little things that bring a simple kind of joy to this life, this very wonderful life! My mother did that so well. She didn't have a lot of money. She didn't have a lot of nice things. She really enjoyed the little small insignificant simple things in her life, the 'One's' that had no monetary value. What a great example.

For now though I think about her everyday. I think about life and death. I think about how my life is half over, maybe even more. My thoughts draw me up to that which is important. What am I making of my life? What can I take with me.  So many people get caught up in that which is of no importance. I don't want to be 'One' of them.

So today in honor of the number 'One', those single digits that represent the first or everything, I want to celebrate their meaning. It's going to be a Fun Faye Friday! When Deserey played basketball her number was 11. She fell off a roof and that ended her basketball career. So funny I remembered that today! Your number 'One' Des. So are all my other kids! Well it's almost 11 o'clock. And today I'm going to ride my bike 11 miles at 11 'clock! I can't sit here 'One' more minute. I'm capitalizing on this magical day of the 'Ones'!

BTW, I'm scheduling this to post 11/11/11 at 11:11 am  hahahahha I love it! Love this 'ONE' day!

'One' last thing. Have a great day today. On this 'ONE' day ...get out and live! Make 'One' good memory.

And ---Don't forget ---Be Happy!

EveryONE!

No comments: