Saturday, December 4, 2010
A Very Special Day
I don't have a lot of time to write this morning. I am going to the temple. And even though it is early and the house is quiet for thinking, still words don't form easily on a page. My thoughts today may come sporadically, interspersed here and there with gentle emotion. They may be jumbled and hard to follow. I will try to be precise.
Late last night I decided to go for my run. The week has been a little crazy. Lots to do, little time to do it in. Yes, stress was present throughout the week but I handled it. I think I did a fair job of assigning it a small constrained place in the back of my head. It fought to take up more room, but I wouldn't let it. The mind is powerful and I made sure to keep my thoughts centered in the positives. Today however, I think I made the comment more than once. "I need another week." I'm a week away from a wedding. Don't you always need another week?
Running, walking, exercising really improves my mind more than anything which is probably why I felt the need to breath air in deeper. With that need pressing in on me, I put on my warm clothes and headed out the door. It didn't matter that it was late and dark. I decided I was going to raise more than just my heart rate; I fully intended to raise my level of thinking as well.
The night was beautiful to say the least. There were very few cars on the road and the radiance from softly lit ark lights standing tall and straight mixed with clear and colored Christmas lights hung here and there on homes gave a glittering glow to the rolling curves of the snow draping mother nature and all her lovely fields. I love the country. The light shed a soft ambience on everything and my lungs began to drink in the cold night air as my eyes framed the picturess scene. It felt good and my mind started to release the nasty pricking sting of unimportant needle point worries. I settled into a slow pace. Running in the night makes me feel like I'm running faster even though it's all just a false illusion.
I started out fully intending to go only two miles. It was eight o'clock, the night was black, two miles would be sufficient. I hit the one mile marker and like a bowl of ice cream I went back for seconds, then thirds. Two miles suddenly turned into to five. Being out on the road in the night alone was a good place to process yet another impounding change in my life. I'm one week away from Seth changing his status for good. It's a good change, but still a change, and my growing age makes dealing with any change a little more difficult to process. Sounds dumb huh? It is! I jogged out all the kinks in my thinking and embraced the days to come processing all of their new meaning.
On the way home every organ in my body felt lighter, especially my mind. Then the thought hit me." I'm going to the temple tomorrow." I love the temple! There is great peace within the walls of the temple. There is tranquillity. And there is a force that carries me out of the building when I leave. It carries me through the days and weeks to come. It fades slowly until it's time for me to hurry and go there again. If I want my life to go better. I go to the temple. It doesn't make my problems in life go away per-say, but it does give me ideas, skills, and weapons to battle with! It improves my mental capacities, opens up new ways of seeing and dealing with whatever negative forces bite at my back. It gives me companionship with unseen forces that are marching with me, fighting for me to learn, grow, and succeed in this life. It makes me stronger and happier!
All these thoughts however are a by product this morning. For today I'm headed to the temple. And my entire family will accompany me. That is the thought I want to record today. All my children, today in the temple, all of us there together. Even Des has a temple recommend. And while she can't attend the session today, she too is worthy and prepared to go there. Could there be any greater blessing in MY life? I tell you emphatically, with my whole heart and every fiber of my soul . . . NO!
That is the purpose of this entire lengthy bunch of words and ideas typed in a blog. I'm going to the temple with my family. Today! My whole family! And I feel so blessed!
Life is a process. One we fight continually or one we learn and grow with. I am so thankful today for the spiritual in my life. I'm so thankful I'm not trudging through life without it! WITH IT life is so much EASIER, RICHER, and PROFOUND! I listened to a man on television the other day. He was asked the question, "Do you believe in God?" My heart sank when his lips formed the word, No. I cannot even begin to fathom any such thinking. He tried to explain himself. He sounded like a complete fool. Nothing that came out of his mouth from that point on made any sense in any fashion.
Today I'm going to the temple. And I am thankful for a Father who resides in Heaven and guides me here on earth. I am thankful for the plan of salvation and for my Savior Jesus Christ! I am thankful for the Holy spirit, for this powerful companionship that lifts, inspires, and comforts me. And today I'm thankful for the temple that binds families together forever. I'm thankful for my family today. It's big and beautiful. I'm thankful for a husband and a plethora of loving children who reverence the same knowledge as I and who live their lives so they can go to the temple. To be in the temple with my family today, now that's a day worth recording and it doesn't get any better than this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We should really start tripod-ing this photo Mom you are always missing we always know if there is a picture taken you are usually behind the lens ha ha
Great post mom. You are so good at putting your thought into words! That day was great. It was an awesome sight seeing everyone in the temple together. Haley loved it too so thanks everybody for sharing that special day with us.
Post a Comment