Wednesday, December 29, 2010

End Of The Year Coming Soon ---hang on for lots and lots of pictures. Thanks Tad Pole and Doodle Bug for your cute display of lots and lots!


I'm headed to the cabin today. I'm going to drive in a blizzard, I'm sure of it, especially when I hit Swan Creek. The wind blows across that little valley something fierce. Doesn't bother me in the least bit. I'm on my way.  A herd of elephants couldn't hold me back. This is the day I've waited for all month long. The day when Christmas rests under the tree. All the boxes have been opened, all the hoorah achieved, and now, like the story book says, it really is time for mama to settle down for her long winters nap --- figuratively speaking that is.

I've got a million things to post, that's like napping for me. I'm going to arrive at my sanctuary, dress in my sweats, put my slippers on and spend five days on my computer. Yes, I'm going to live on it and I can't wait. Goose gave me some Logitech speakers for Christmas to hook up to my lap top and the music is going to pound in my ears horrendously loud as I blissfully work away!

I've got lots to do before the month ends. Going to figure out how to revamp my blog. I want bigger pictures. And I'm going to post all the pictures that have been waiting patiently. I'm going to finish up one great year so it's ready to print.

Then I'm getting ready for the NEW YEAR. I'm pondering on my new motto as I drive.

I have one main goal for January: Finish Deserey's stocking! The look of severe disappointment on her face when she had to hang up her crappy store bought ugly blue piece of junk was more than I could handle. All seven homemade stockings hanging next to her atrocious store purchased P.O.C has been torture for her every year. I'm a horrible mother! Three weeks ago when we decorated and she hung it up ---the moment I looked at her with her face drooping past China, I knew I was in serious trouble. She looked at me and ordered me to give the stocking to her and she would finish it herself. That was it, right there and then I knew what my mission had to be for the month of January! Come January I'm putting myself in a restricted state. I can't go anywhere or do anything until Deserey's stocking is DONE!!! Breathing might even constitute a refraction of what I'm allowed to do until her stocking is complete, name stitched on and the whole shebang. I think once I've tied the last knot, I'll hang it up on the mantle for eleven solid months, a tribute to her for waiting 18 years for the blessed day. And yes I'll display a picture of it here on the blog so that the world can see I've redeemed myself.

Ok, giddy up, I'm off to my white drifted heaven here on earth! Life is good!

2 comments:

Gavin said...

ha ha I love the stockings mom and have tons of good memories waking up Christmas day looking for your stocking which was surrounded by awesome gifts ha ha

Goose said...

that trip was so fun, definitely the best thanksgiving ever! sweet post mom!