Monday, December 6, 2010
Every Day Beauty
I had been in and out of my bathroom all morning for one reason or another. I don't know what finally drew my attention to it but I stepped in front of my glass door and looked up. This was the sight that hung just outside. I was so taken back when I saw it. I opened up the door and gazed at the intricate drippings that had frozen in the night. The sun was shinning bright and the formation was starting to slip away one drop at a time.
We have a rain gutter that sometimes fills up with leaves in the fall. We planted a flowering crab apple tree to close to the house. Usually Man With A Drill cleans it out before the first snow fall. If the first snowfall hits hard before the clean out takes place, the water doesn't flow properly, causing it to spill over in various places as it makes it's way to the down spout. When I saw the beautiful formation I knew the cause. No matter, I was amazed at the pattern mother nature had woven out of dripping water and frosty air.
After seeing the spectacular sight I thought of how beauty in some form presents itself to me each and every day. With that thought, an idea struck. The idea is not original. I've seen it done by others. Come January 1st I'll present it. The project will take 365 days to complete. It will be difficult, challenging, but well worth the effort. Hum, I can't wait!
After summarizing my ideas. I ran and got Deserey. She was the only one home and I couldn't wait to show her. Like mother, like daughter, she ran for her camera.
Everyday beauty . . .you just have to look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's gorgeous!
That picture is awesome Muth I love it I may have to steal a copy of it.
Post a Comment