Monday, December 20, 2010
My Favorite Part Of Christmas
Can I just start out by saying, "I'm tired." For the last three nights I've gone to bed somewhere around the hour of 3 in the morning. This year I have literally just raced from one thing to the next, frantically meeting one dead line after another by the skin of my teeth! I honestly have worried this year more than any other year, if I'm going to be ready for Christmas. There will be no extra frills this year.
Wisdom speaks here, "Never have Christmas and a wedding in the same month!" I have learned this wisdom the hard way. Don't worry, it's all good. I just won't do it again. Goose and Des have been forbidden to wed in this wonderful month!
Every year I seem to echo the same sentiments. Even without having had a wedding. It is ironic to me how "STUFF" just has a way of pushing what should take place in this blessed month to the back. It can even be really great "STUFF." Still, all the same, I long for a time when I can peacefully focus on my Savior, His birth, and the cumulative effects of His life, His death, and most importantly, the sacrifice He made for me. This is a month when we should spend more time with our Savior! We should spend more time with Him in our actions, in our moments of meditation, in our comings and goings and basically in everything we do.
Today I post my Christmas card. Christmas time is a time for loving people just a little bit more. Getting a Christmas card in my mail box, the one that sits on my road, or even the one that pops up on my computer is one of the greatest ritualistic acts I love about Christmas. I especially love it if they attach a picture. I love the little papers that come explaining just a small fraction of what went on in a year's worth of living. Always love accompanies each piece of mail. I try to make room on my fridge for every photo. I love remembering the people in the pictures. Sometimes I wish all of my wonderful friends and neighbors would forego the acts of bringing me gifts and just take more pictures and send them to me in a card with a letter. Last night however one of my friends brought me the most wonderful book, and another friend brought me a awesome pair of socks. Still, I do love Christmas cards and anyone who wants to make their Christmas simpler and less frantic is welcome to bag the gift and just send me a wonderful card!
I close today with the anticipation of all tasks being finished. I'm still racing! I look forward to the time when I can sit and write about it all. That time is coming soon. I can't wait to slow down! I can't wait to record life, here on the blog. Until then, Merry Christmas from the Crow family! We send all the love we can packed in our envelope. To you and yours may this beautiful season fill your homes everywhere with everything that counts; faith, hope and a mountain of love. We count our blessings long and hard at this time of year, and one of the greatest blessings we enjoy is the love of family and friends. Thank you for always filling our lives with what counts! And like Tiny Tim said, "God bless us everyone!"
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment