Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy Birthday To The Bug!



I stole this picture from Kyle. He is the composer and the photographer of this beautiful picture. And he captured my beautiful little daughter so nicely, I think he should pick up the camera more often, don't you? Kaedell has grown into such a beautiful young lady, a beautiful person in every way, and I'm so thankful she is beautifully mine!
As I looked through a million photos I have on my hard drive, trying to find a nice picture of my sweet daughter, I discovered my daughters always have a child in their arms. Every photo, always a cute little face in the arms of their mother. I'm going to have to re-think my picture taking!



As I looked for a picture of her all by her lonesome, I didn't have much luck finding one. I did however, soon stumble onto this photo of Eden and Kadie and I had to smile when I saw it. Looking at this picture takes me back in time. Eden is a clone of her mother.
Yesterday I asked Kaedell how old she was going to be today. I could have figured it out all by my little old self, but it was much faster to simply ask her instead of trying to remember; it was much easier than counting in my head. Can I tell you, 31 years have trailed by in the blink of a an eye. And I'm down right sad they're gone! That's another reason I loved this picture. It reminds me of all the years I enjoyed raising my daughter. Yes, 31 years of pure enjoyment.
Kaedell was a piece of cake to raise. Sometimes I think in all reality she raised me! She grew me up into a good mother. It's terrible we have to practice on our kids. I have so many good memories of her growing years. Even the time she gave me a black eye, I deserved it and it taught me a good lesson. I can see my beautiful daughter in a million different memories. They live in my mind and my heart and they are sweet and rich with meaning.
Today though I hope she has a wonderful day. I could go on and on for hours about all her abilities and talents, all the good things she does each and every day. She is so vibrant and alive with strength and capacities in a million different areas. There isn't anything she can't do. She's a talented little girl!
I feel so lucky I get to be her mother, because it's a privilege! And I have to say, I'm so thankful she lives close by. My Heavenly Father knew I needed some kids to be close by. I wish all my kids lived closer. Remember I'm the mother who hates it when my children leave home! I'm also thankful today she's my best friend. I'm thankful she will jump in and do most anything with me.
So Happy Birthday BUG! We all love you! I love you! Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Gavin said...

Happy B Day Kaedell!!! I am so excited for Lake Powell it's gonna be awesome having us all there.

Kaedell said...

Thanks for the nice birthday post Mom! I think my thirties are going to be the best years ever!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sis! Great pictures of you! You're a great mom, sister and friend! Hope you had a great day!