This year Goose's birthday fell on the day we had to pack up and leave Lake Powell. The day we have to assemble all of our gear and get off the house boat is anything but a fun day. While I'm happy to say we've gotten the system of getting off the boat down to a relatively quick science, it's still an intense day to begrudge! It's always burnin' hot and there are so many things that have to be done before we can pull away and make the long drive home. No one likes it.
This year things went pretty smooth until we made the mistake of climbing in our truck. Twenty minutes into the drive our truck engine went Ka-put! Yup, just after barely hitting the road the engine took on new sounds that echoed in my head worse than any horror movie. Our truck is a Ford! Translation for the day; "Found On Road Dead."
To sum up the whole story, Goose spent his birthday cleaning up a boat, getting off a boat, and if that wasn't fun enough, he then got to spend the rest of his entire super special spectacular day, sitting on the side of the road in the burning hot sun.
After hours of doing that he was then privileged with the experience of being plunked down on a chair in Stan's burger shack till nearly closing time. Did I mention after having such a fun filled day he then got to spend six hours riding home in a cramped car? Well, technically his birthday was over by then so I'm sure he didn't mind.
I took pity on him in the hamburger shop and bought him a shirt that say's "I love Stan's Burger Shack!" In honor of his delightful day! He looks especially handsome in it.
Today though I want to wish the happiest kid on the planet a very Happy Birthday. One thing I love about Goose are his happy traits. Yes, the one's that were plainly visible on that dreaded day we had one problem following another. Goose is always a happy person no matter what. Despite our contrary conditions on his birthday he never once lost his smile or his sense of humor and that's what I dearly love about this kid!
I think he's got a million of my dad's genes flowing in his veins because this boy is by far... first and foremost, always an optimist! My dad was a happy guy and so many times Kelson reminds me of him. I guess he should, after all, he bears his name, Kelson "Keith."
Kelson is a calm child and he has a calming affect on any situation that threatens to spin out of control. He's a kind soul, a peace maker, and wise beyond his years. He's got the heart of a giant! He see's the good in everyone and everything and immediately gravitates towards it and his influence leads everyone around him to do the same. He is the greatest example of living life with a deep appreciation for the spiritual. I think people sense that in him and enjoy being around it. There isn't anywhere he goes that he doesn't come home with more friends. He adopts people at random and loves them like he's known them his whole life. He's got a Mexico mom and a Walmart mom. His family grows every time he enters a new environment. He's just a simple kid that radiates down to earth pure goodness. People love him... especially me!
I love you Goose. You are a great example to your Madre and I want you to know that today! You are always an inspiration to me! Thanks for bringing so much happiness into our lives - into my life! Happy Birthday bud, I love you - We all love you!
Pick a new day, I'll take you out to celebrate for reals - you know - Crowther style! Hugs!
Isn't he cute?
Label this post August 20, 2010
.jpg)


2 comments:
Happy Late One Brother, Mom excellent blogging it's nice to have someone writing amazing things you have such a way with words I love it and I love you I am grateful for the awesome family we have!
Thanks for getting the water-works runnin mom sheesh! haha In my eyes my birthday couldn't have been better cause i was surrounded by the people i love, i have always thought that happiness is not the result of your circumstances but a choice.. and my choice isn't hard when i have a mother as amazing as you and a family like ours. thank you for this very special birthday and for making me me! I LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment