I am trying to keep up with birthdays this month! August is jam packed full of birthdays as you can see. When I was hunting for pictures of Corbin, I found this one. He's just a little tike, but I love this picture. It always makes me grin!
Today I got to take Corbin out for his birthday. He is such a funny kid. Right now he is seriously into Legos. Kaedell is going to have to build another room on the side of her house just to store the Legos in.
He climbed right in my car and buckled himself up, then he promptly told me where to drive.
"Grandma," he said. "Can we go shopping at Walmart."
He proceeded to tell me Walmart was a really fine store well stocked with Legos and that he had perused the place days prior and he knew just what he wanted.
Wow, I was impressed.
He climbed right in my car and buckled himself up, then he promptly told me where to drive.
"Grandma," he said. "Can we go shopping at Walmart."
He proceeded to tell me Walmart was a really fine store well stocked with Legos and that he had perused the place days prior and he knew just what he wanted.
Wow, I was impressed.
I really like a kid that knows what he wants. I told him so and then I drove there straight away.
We walked in and he pulled me out a cart and then we headed straight to the Lego isle. When he saw the giant Legos for little tiny kids, he informed me they were dumb and he didn't want any of those. "Ok," I said, and I told him to lead on.
That was about when we turned the corner and hit the mother load. Corbin quickly glanced over all the boxes and the many different styles. They had Legos galore, which consisted of anything from Toy Story Legos to building your own giant airport.
He picked out a Star Wars Lego set that cost 98 dollars. I was choking a little when I told him he had to choose a box where the number under the box started with a "2." He somberly agreed, but not without a big giant sigh clearly filled with remorse. Two seconds later he zeroed in on a smaller Star Wars battle set and sure enough the number beneath started with a "2."
He made the decision so fast I almost couldn't grasp it. "Corbin," I queried. "How in the world did you pick that out so fast?"
He gave me one of those looks, specifically the one where his mouth gets all twisty and his eyes go into a glazed over glare. It's as if his whole body was screeching at me, "Are you for real?" Then his face came to a standstill like, "duh," and he stammered with an upbeat sarcastic vibrato, "Grandma, this is the only box that has Robots in it!" His hands started to fly as the word "Robots" came out of his mouth.
It all made sense now. How stupid of me. I clearly understood and wondered how I could have been so blind?
In Corbins pint sized world life is all about the guys! The photo taken above by Kaedell clearly shows you just what is important to a five year old.
Well, Corbin, you are one fine boy and grandma loves to watch you play. Corbin is a kid that can entertain himself for hours providing you give him some action figures. I have a picture that I've tried to find for three hours now. I give up. The picture was taken at my cabin and everywhere you look there are action figures hanging all over the place. From the cupboard to the decorations, there are little green ninja turtle men suspended everywhere.
Well, I hope you had a great birthday Corbeano! I sure had fun with you today! You are such a cute little boy, good as gold, and everyone loves you! Grandma loves you so much. I can't believe you are 5. Happy Birthday bud. Squeeze!
Should have been posted on the 24th ---Sheesh!


No comments:
Post a Comment