Friday, November 6, 2009

October Ellis Update

I blinked and October was over! Where does the time go? Here are some pics of some of the things we did in October.
I decided to do a photo shoot with Corbin and Eden. Corbin was a great sport and it was pretty simple to get him to cooperate. Eden was a little harder, but with the help of my amazingly animated mom, I finally got a few. Thanks for dancing around and making Eden smile for the camera mom:)
Corbin is amazingly photogenic when he is laughing at his own jokes. It was pretty stinkin' cute!

My handsome little buckaroo!

You are one cute kid Corbs!

Eden LOVED the sunflowers! I love the light it this picture!

So sweet!

Beautiful little Eden! Love those eyes!

Enjoyed another uplifting General Conference. We drove over to see Mike and Aimee at the Broadbent cabin and I just had to stop and take a picture of this! It was like the heavens opened and God was smiling down on this group of deer. It was a picture perfect ending to such an inspiring day!

We went on a little hike up near North Fork. I took my tripod so we could get a family shot! It was a beautiful day and the kids loved eating lunch up in the "woods". Corbin was a great hiker and he showed us the way to the little waterfall. It was so fun!

Corbin sang like a little bird in the Primary Program. He memorized his part and did a great job at saying it loud so everyone could hear!

One of the great things about October is all the beautiful leaves changing colors and then falling to the ground. Corbin and Eden stayed out playing in the leaves one night until it was too dark to see anymore. Look close at Eden's face and you'll see the little ladybug on her cheek--so cute!

We went to uncle Lynn's farm to take some pics of Corbin. We were lucky enough to catch Lynn out with the horse. Eden was very apprehensive about getting on this huge animal, but once she went for a ride, she didn't want to get off!

While we were there, Doris let out the Lab puppies and the kids were in heaven!

Corbin loves to play with little toys. He was deep in self entertainment this day and I just had to snap a picture.

Every October we have an Ellis/Folkman girls sleepover. It is a tradition my sister-in-law Mandy started 3 years ago and I am so glad she did! It is something I look forward to every year. Everyone comes and we all share different things. It can be a talent, a poem, a story, a craft project, anything you want. I have to say that this is my favorite part of the tradition. It is so fun to see what everyone has to share. We eat dinner, stay up late, talk, eat treats, talk, eat more treats, and then we usually go somewhere the next day. It is a fun filled weekend and no boys are aloud!!!

Corbin loves to draw and he learned how to write his name without any help!

We all got the flu bug and bad colds! NOT FUN!!!

Family Pictures!


See you all again in November!!!

7 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

The photo shoot of the kids are DARLING!!!

Mother Bird said...

Kaedell, you are such a good little photographer! I just love the pictures. Oh how I love pictures!!!! I'd like an 8x10 of the last one. I need to get my family wall updated! And I need grandkid pictures on the fridge! Well, your children are darling and I love that you update us once a month.

Do you think you could get the other 6 kids on board with doing this??? I'd love to see this from all the other kids too. HINT HINT! BEG, BEG!

Well, I look forward to this every month! AWESOME! PS. I'll be your animation any day! Loved it - Love YOU!

Mother Bird said...

OH and I almost forgot. Corbin you did AWESOME! Grandma and Grandpa loved your primary program! Thanks for inviting us! You did a great job!

Shane and Geana said...

You take the best pictures!! Your family is so cute too.

Alisa said...

I love your pictures and recap. What a cute family!!!

Papa Bird said...

Well, Buglet you have really developed your picture taking abilities....this is somthing you got from your mom .We will have to start calling you Fujjimotto !!...anyway it is so fun to see the personality of your kids come out in their pictures......Keep it up we all love your addition to the blog...

Des said...

Those are the cutest pics ever Kadie!!