Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Tad Pole

I have seven grandchildren! Yes, seven and I'm just getting started. That amounts to seven very different, very individual, very unique, cute little personalities! Seven mind you . . . I just want you to stop and ponder on that for a while. No, I don't want you to ponder on the number seven, I want you to ponder on how seven small people can all be so different, because I'm here to tell the world, not one of them is one bit like the others! Each child has his or her own stamped mold. It's beautiful! They're all beautiful.

Today is Ali's birthday. Now just study her little facial expressions in the above photo and you will start to understand this little girl's vivaciousness and enthusiasm for living life. Ali is so unique. First of all the second you look into her big round eyes, you are now in her power! Then just wait for the way she talks to you with those eyes. It's all over but the shouting!

This little girl has a strong will, and she doesn't take anybody's crap so to speak. When she makes up her mind then move over. I guess you could call her determined, doesn't matter which one you choose, strong willed or determined, just know she is a child with her own mind and I love that about her!

Did I tell you she is so loving, and has a special way of listening to you and recognizing what's in your heart. If I'm a little bit sad, she's the first child to wrap her arms around my neck and love me right out of what ever it is I'm in that's got me down.

Today I took her out for her birthday. I asked her where she wanted to go for lunch. She said "McDonald's" and so I started to pull in when immediately she said "No, I changed my mind!" We ended up at Kentucky Fried Chicken and she chose her favorite pop corn chicken. I thoroughly enjoyed my conversation with her. We talked about everything. After our lunch we went to Intermountain Farmers. Now you might laugh but Intermountain Farmers has Callico Critters and Ali loves Callico Critters and that's where she wanted to go. After making her choice, she informed me that we had to hurry and get home really fast. She couldn't wait to open up the little Kitty and Pony she'd chosen.

Well, Ali girl, grandma had a super fun time with you and you are a very special little girl. Oh how we all love you. You are such a special part of our family and I'm so thankful you came to bless us all! Happy Birthday Tad Pole! Nana loves you, yes, so much we can't measure!

1 comment:

Papa Bird said...

Tad Pole Grampa had such a fun time at your birthday party..You are such a special little girl, grampa loves you so much......I'm hoping you get another sleepover soon....