Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Our Little Infinity



I'm not sure what show Kelson watched, but he took a quote from it and then made it his!


“There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others.

Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million.

Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.

There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I got and I wanted more numbers for my Dad than he got.

But, Pops, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity.

I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a wonderful forever within the numbered days, and for that I am eternally grateful.”

And as Seth said, "We got everything we ever wanted, we just didn't get it for as long as we wanted!"



No comments: