Monday, February 9, 2015

If You Weren't My Dad by Gavin Crowther



Gavin wrote the following poem for his Father's Funeral. 
Over a thousand people came to Glade's viewing and funeral.
They came to pay their respects and morn with us our great and burdensome loss!
Glade had no enemies. He was a man who was loved by all.
Oh how we miss him. No words can express our deep sorrow.....


If You Weren't My Dad


If you weren’t my dad there’d be a hole in the world.
A piece would be gone, we just couldn’t go on!
The world wouldn’t work without you!


For who would I honor?
Who would call me their son?
Who would inspire
And help everyone?
Who would do things that no one has done?
It’s a good thing you’re my dad!


If you weren’t my dad there’d be a hole in our home!
A piece would be gone we just couldn't go on!
Our family’s no fun without you!


For who would watch movies
And talk politics till dawn?
Who’d wake us early on Saturday
For yard work and lawn?


Who’d hear of over-spending
And roll his eyes?
Who’d spend all-day with his family
And still hate goodbye’s?


If you weren’t my dad there’d be a big hole in my heart!
A piece would be gone, I just couldn’t go on!
My heart would be searching for you!


You and Mom made this family
And it’s eternal, I know!
This separation must be meant
For me to spiritually grow.


You taught me of Christ’s plan
And this much I see!
He’ll bring us back together
Forever, You and Me.


For God gave you to me.  
You’re special, you see!
There’s no hole in my heart
You filled up that part.


You’re the best thing in life,
So caring and smart
And I love and I miss you
With All of my heart!

~Gavin Crowther 8.9.2014



I love you Gavin! Thanks for writing this!

No comments: