Friday, February 11, 2011

34 Years!

Better pull up the song "We are man and wife." I'm dedicating it to you ---Man With A Drill!




Is it ---thirty four or ---thirty-four or ---thirtyfour? My schooling for these matters escapes me. None the less, Happy Anniversary Man With A Drill! I Love You! More than anyone will ever know.  34 years ago I held your hand and my heart and lips said "YES," and I meant it. When I think back all those years ago, and 34 is a substantial number to look back on, I remember one thing more than anything else. No matter how old I grow I cannot forget. It is the very reason I said yes. I remember how my spirit always felt when ever it was next to yours. I loved you the minute I spent time with you. And heaven confirmed it every time I prayed for my secret wish, a happy home! I knew back then as I know now, even on tough days, you are my safe haven and my soul's desire.  Every day I thank my Father above for opening up a window, parting the curtains, so  happiness could blow through!

When I look at two lives that became one I think about how I grew up with a lot of hot headed yelling. Then I think, maybe you should have paid attention to that, your life would have been easier. I'm glad you didn't. Then I think about your growing years, you grew up with stubborn complacency. And maybe I should have paid attention to that. I'm glad I didn't. Your a good man, and patience is your virtue. I'm a good woman and determination is mine. And while you and I are not without our faults, no matter how many times we have to cross over ourselves, we make the best team ever! EVER I say! And you, my love and my life, (though you might not feel like it some days,) YOU . . .are the best choice I made 34 years ago and I am a much smarter woman than I give myself credit for. That single imperative decision I made eons ago has brought me the greatest joy my soul could ever know.

So today ---Happy US! There is so much JOY in the "WE"! And even on the difficult days, I love you. Oh how I love you! Trite words for the depth of how it all feels inside my frame!

Now get off work early and lets celebrate! Cause today and always and forever ---and no matter what!!! I Love YOU!

(You are the love of my life - so glad we are man and wife!)

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I can say how amazing it is having parents that love each other, you guys are the best thanks for everything you do enjoy your anniversary!

Gavin said...

Obviously I posted as Caroline something that happens a lot in our house cause I always forget to check who I am signed in as ha ha

SETH said...

You are an idiot Gavin... ha ha ha!! Hey hope it was great.. love you guys!

Goose said...

haha classic gavin.. Love ya guys!