Recently we've been concerned about my mom. Her short term memory is failing greatly and so in the last week we have been considering her safety. She loves being able to remain in her home and given her condition and her age, she's been lucky to be able to remain there. In an effort to help her continue to keep a measure of her independence, we started looking for ideas to better serve her needs.
One of our main concerns was the inability she has to contact someone in the event she needs help. With her lack of memory and her inability to learn new tasks, even considering a necklace that she could push in the event she had an emergency didn't seem practical for her skills and abilities. In searching for a way to keep her safe and care for her needs, my Niece's husband suggested we get her a webcam. I just love people who are techno-savy!
Wow, I couldn't get over what I found when I delved into this and started researching all the ways you can keep an eye on your elderly parents, your kids, your pets, your home, your stuff, heck, you name it! It even comes with an App. you can put right on your iPhone! I'll be getting my mom all set up with some sort of a system like this in just a few days. It feels so good to know we can really keep a closer eye on her now. I know as well as bringing us peace of mind and comfort, it will bring her a lot of comfort too.
Technology ---isn't it amazing? I think I should put one of these cameras in line with my fridge! How's that for an idea!
1 comment:
That is awsome What an amazing device to keep tract of grandma....It is so sad to see her panic as she thinks no one is coming to see her , even though someone has just been there,and some one will come again in just a short time after.Her short memory is gone, and when you ask who has just been there and fed her she looks puzzled and can't give you an answer, Hopefully this will be the answer...........
Post a Comment